cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web reports are not running nightly schedule - what might be wrong?

IR Partner

Web reports are not running nightly schedule - what might be wrong?

Hi have built a new dashboard that tracks over a day One x Communicator registrations by filtering on product ID.

This all works but I would like to set up a schedule so that before midnight, the system can run the report and save the days figures.

I have scheduled this under reports but where do i go to locate the reports? I cant see them under any of the other web reort sub sections so maybe its not actually running at all. The actual data is feeding into a dashboard thats been published to the web - any ideas why i cant get it to run nightly?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Web reports are not running nightly schedule - what might be wrong?

Hey @Jonathan_Mc ,

do you see any directories created (per day) in "Prognosis\WebUI\IIS\Snapshots" location? Also, when you create the report, you have to specify which group you want it to appear in. Likewise, make sure to 'check' all the profiles that you want to have visibility into this report.

image.png

Based on this, Prognosis\WebUI\IIS\Dashboards\User\reportlistdata_user.xml file is updated. Please verify if your changes are reflected here?

image.png

Then you should be able to locate it under the group.

image.png

Let me know if that works for you?

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
IR Partner

Capture.PNG

Thanks Shoaib,

I have checked all of these parameters and I can see HTML files in the snap shot directory- see below.

In terms of the profiles, I have ticked public as per the below screen shot but dont see my report when a navigate to Reports/Avaya Aura

report><roles><role>Public</role></roles><name>One x Comm Tracker - VPN</name><description/><imageSrc>reportsample.png</imageSrc><url>One x Comm Tracker - VPN</url><isSnapshot>true</isSnapshot></report>

When I had public checked but not admin, I didn't see the report as I am part of admin group in my lab. I had to also check admin to be able to view it.

You may also want to try to restart prognosissite under IIS to see if that kicks-off reading the navigation/reports again.

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
IR Partner

Hi

There is no option to select admin from my system - we don't login as admin either

No in your case, it would be the profile name (India or test or public) that you are logging in as. Did you try restarting IIS > site.

Thanks,
Shoaib
Highlighted
IR Partner

Hi Shoaib,

That seems to have done it - afetr an IIS restart I can now see the report content under web reports.

Thanks for your assistance !

Regards

Jon

Glad to hear that.

It's probably counter intiutive to have to restart IIS to read those changes. We had a similar request for Rest API datasets not automatically detected. I'll let the product team know on this limitation as well.

Thanks,
Shoaib
Webinar: The Journey to Microsoft Teams - Readiness Phase (part 2)

Having looked at the planning phase in session one of this series, we will turn our focus to the readiness phase. The all important technical capabilities assessment, ensuring the network, endpoints and users are adequately prepared for the move.

Hear first hand from IR's Global Head of Information Systems and Technology, Jason Schwendinger, on how he has been tackling these issues.

Join webinar