cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking streams between handset > handset only

IR Partner

Tracking streams between handset > handset only

Hi,

Is there a way to report on Finished calls that are of the type phone to phone and that do not involve an SBC or a gateway. I am trying to find a way to count all internal VOIP traffic on the system - any ideas?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Staff

Re: Tracking streams between handset > handset only

Hi Jon, 

As we discussed earlier, you are just looking at how many internal calls there have been across a time period. The solution I think we need will come from the Avaya Calls screen (see attached.) We will most likely need to tweak a display/database to show this over a longer period. We will discuss further no doubt, thanks, Dan.

IR Partner

Thanks Dan - looks like CDR is key here but on our system we are seeing mimal internal(IN) traffic.

I'll speak to the support guys to check our configuration is on order.

IR Partner

Ok - so my system is picking up SOME internal CDR but not all.  can anyone advise why this might be? I would expect internal traffic to be in the 100's per hour but I am only seeing 1 or 2 calls.

Tags (1)
IR Partner

Seems like there is actually another step that you need to complete to track internal calls- I don't recall seeing this in your guide(but could be wrong).

On the Avaya, you need to add each extension into the intra switch CDR table(list intra switch CDR) which is a manula process - you cant seem to add ranges and there is a 5000 extension limit(well there is on 6.3).

One for the tech guys to comment on?

IR Partner

Further to this, i have since discovered that to enable intraswitch CDR across all extensions you need to enable the special applications form(SA# 8202)  which will then enable you to activate intraswitch CDR by COS, negating the need to add the extensions to the table i mentioned earlier. This allows you to apply intraswitch CDR to all relevant stations within a particular COS.

Webinar: The Journey to Microsoft Teams - Readiness Phase (part 2)

Having looked at the planning phase in session one of this series, we will turn our focus to the readiness phase. The all important technical capabilities assessment, ensuring the network, endpoints and users are adequately prepared for the move.

Hear first hand from IR's Global Head of Information Systems and Technology, Jason Schwendinger, on how he has been tackling these issues.

Join webinar