Skype for Business Conversations search

Highlighted

Skype for Business Conversations search

Question: So 11.4 has a much faster architecture for searching Skype for Business Conversations. If I upgrade to 11.4 will my Session Details load quicker as well for completed sessions?
Answer: if the equivalent Lync Native report is also similarly slow then the answer is No unfortunately. This is because the slowness is on the SfB side not in Prognosis. When clicking on a completed session Prognosis does a query directly to the SfB side SQL server just like the Lync native report does.
If you need any help with this please open a case with Support.
HTH!
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Skype for Business Conversations search

'the slowness is on the SfB side not in Prognosis' may not be accurate statement. Since we don't store this information, the session details for completed calls is an 'on-demand' query and hence besides the slowness/responsiveness of Skype SQL architecture, prognosis has the overhead of sending the request, receiving and processing data and displaying in next interval. Best case is data would be returned within 1 interval (0-30 sec).

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
Highlighted
05 Base Camper

Can these Conversation information stored in a Prognosis DB for later Reporting ?

We need to report the Device informations (Headset/SW Version/...)

Kind regards

Steffen  

Tags (1)
Highlighted

Steffen,

what version of prognosis you are running? Although 'conversation' view/record can not be stored into a prognosis database, most of the data is made available in prognosis record(s) in 11.4, so that you can store and create custom reports on that data. Just go through some of the 'Lync' records.

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
Webinar: Keep the modern workforce connected

Unified Communications has always been an important part of companies' digital transformation efforts due to its ability to enable rich virtual collaboration and communication. But with COVID-19, we've reached a break-through point.

Join Bill Haskins, Sr. Analyst & Partner, Unified Communications at Wainhouse Research, and John Ruthven, CEO at IR discuss UC challenges companies are experiencing due to the COVOID-19 crisis.

Join webinar