Send to web is not more working

Highlighted
05 Base Camper

Send to web is not more working

I have created a new document and want to publish it to the web, but absolutely nothing happens.

I get no error message or any information from Prognosis. The expected window doesnt open.

I can use any other display but nothing works. Also a remove from web doesnt work.

I have restarted the whole machine but no change. I have full admin rights on the machine. Yes, it was working before.

How can I check whats going wrong ? Is there a log file ?

Or do you have any other hints ?

Many thx

Steffen

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Send to web is not more working

Hi Steffen,

The 'Send to Web' logs as well as the IRGUI logs in general are located here, they only contain the logs from the very last "publish to web" typically.

C:\Prognosis\User Interface\Log\

If it gets published to the web and it has errors you can also check:

C:\Prognosis\WebUI\IIS\Logs

You probably already do it.. but a good best practice before publishing anything to the web is hitting the "Test Connection" button. This will make sure you can login and have rights to publish, but when you hit publish this is the last step of sometimes a couple minute process.. so verify that first and foremost. 

While it doesn't sound applicable to your situation, it is also important to keep in mind displays that have sidecar .DASHBOARD & .QUERY files in the My Displays and Configuration directory send that content instead of what is in your .DPY file. As well if you copied an out of the box display and modified it without changing its name there are a few displays that are sort of 'protected' without performing additional actions. 

Christopher

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the resolved button to assist others.

Christopher R Souser - Sr. Services Solution Engineer, Payments & Infrastructure – MSci. PA, CISSP, ITIL.
Highlighted
05 Base Camper

Hi Steffen,

I also recognize this problem, the problem I see is that this happen if you have a remote connection to the Prognosis  Server. So Prognosis Monitoring Server and Web Server are different Server System than Prognosis GUI. 

Please  try to open a Prognosis GUI on the Server where the Web Interface is Installed and try to publish here the Display to the Web Interface.

Regards

Carsten

Highlighted

To maybe add to / clarify Carsten's reply. Prognosis IRGUI dashboards have version coding within them and are not backwards compatible. The webUI versions do not have specific version numbers in them but may contain version specific elements that only existed from a certain point forward.  So if you push from a newer version client to an older web server that sometimes can cause issues.. especially between major versions like 10.x & 11.x.

The TLS version in 10.x was also 1.0 where as 11.0+ is TLS 1.2 and crossing versions can also create connectivity issues. As far as connectivity it is also possible that the security policy in your environment changed and disabled either the the TLS version it needs to publish to the web or one of the ciphers, did the server recently take a patch and reboot as those types of changes may have been staged previously but 'typically' aren't invoked until the next reboot.

A screenshot of the error(s) you are getting would be helpful.

Christopher

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the resolved button to assist others.

Christopher R Souser - Sr. Services Solution Engineer, Payments & Infrastructure – MSci. PA, CISSP, ITIL.
Highlighted
05 Base Camper

Hi Carsten, Christopher

thx for your feedback.

I am working via RDP on the same Management Node where I want to Upload it to Web. It was working some weeks ago without any problems.

Now I can either press the button on the top to publish to web, or use the right mouse button on the display in the documents folder. On both simply nothing happens. I get no message and also no entry in the logs Christoph mentioned.

Steffen

When you say nothing happens, can you be more specific and answer and elaborate on the following:

1) What version are you running and on what server platform?

2) Are you even getting the dialogue box to enter your destination credentials?

3) Are you qualifying your username with like localhost\<username> or using a domain\username or without any context on it (have you tried all three)?

4) What happens when you click "Test Connection" (assuming you are getting the dialogue).. does it attempt to do anything, does it even turn colors briefly acknowledging you are clicking it? Is IRGUI crashing, are you getting a .NET error, is something like an Endpoint Protection Product (i.e. Symantec CSP or similar) blocking logging anything or any indications in the systray?

5) Same question as above but for Publish?

6) Did this issue start with a reboot or application of policies applied or patches applied or anything else known to change, even the time, such as the time on your server correct?

7) Is there anything logged to the \Server\Configuration\WVLOG.txt or \Server\Configuration\Audit\Auditlog.txt?

Sorry for all of the questions but I don't have a lot of detail to go off of and I want to help.

Christopher

Highlighted
05 Base Camper

Hi Christopher

see my answers in "italic" below

Steffen

1) What version are you running and on what server platform?

2) Are you even getting the dialogue box to enter your destination credentials?

No

3) Are you qualifying your username with like localhost\<username> or using a domain\username or without any context on it (have you tried all three)?

I get no dialogue box

4) What happens when you click "Test Connection" (assuming you are getting the dialogue).. does it attempt to do anything, does it even turn colors briefly acknowledging you are clicking it? Is IRGUI crashing, are you getting a .NET error, is something like an Endpoint Protection Product (i.e. Symantec CSP or similar) blocking logging anything or any indications in the systray?

I doesnt get the dialogue box

5) Same question as above but for Publish?

same answer

6) Did this issue start with a reboot or application of policies applied or patches applied or anything else known to change, even the time, such as the time on your server correct?

I don't know if there are any changes on the OS site made.

7) Is there anything logged to the \Server\Configuration\WVLOG.txt or \Server\Configuration\Audit\Auditlog.txt?

wvlog = nothing

auditlog = need to look

Highlighted

Hi,

Unfortunately based on your answers it sounds like something environmental on the system has changed such as possibly something around .NET or a security app is prevent it that is causing this behavior.

I would try it from your workstation or another server as well and see if it works there. 

I have only seen this type of behavior (no dialogue) with no logging before under these two circumstances personally..

Support has some additional options for you to further troubleshoot this, be please sure to refer to this post in the case you create. They will also probably request a session to witness it and may put the gui into a trace mode or something. 

Christopher 

Highlighted

Hello Steffan,

PrognosisUI logs and any IIS logs would provide some additional troubleshooting information.  It could confirm if it is Prognosis related or environmental to the server.  It may likely need a support case opened at that point. 

Webinar: The Journey to Microsoft Teams - Readiness Phase (part 2)

Having looked at the planning phase in session one of this series, we will turn our focus to the readiness phase. The all important technical capabilities assessment, ensuring the network, endpoints and users are adequately prepared for the move.

Hear first hand from IR's Global Head of Information Systems and Technology, Jason Schwendinger, on how he has been tackling these issues.

Join webinar