Did you mean: 

Prognosis Web UI crashing IE 11

Highlighted
05 Base Camper

Prognosis Web UI crashing IE 11

Prognosis 11.4

Windows Server 2012 R2

Internet Explorer Version: 11.0.9600.19101

We recently implemented Prognosis 11.4 here in our Citrix desktops, and we're running into issue where Web UI randomly but consistently crashing. Any action from initial log-in to navigating between pages/displays, accessing "View Systems," open any configuration windows, click on any web "button" will result in "Internet Explorer has stopped" error message, and when click on "Close the program" the Prognosis UI and/or Internet Explorer will attempt to refresh the page/IE window/IE tab, and sometimes it'll navigate to the destination, or the web "button" action can complete (e.g., clock on "OK" to confirm a setting/config change, and the change actually commit) but eventually, the "Internet Explorer has stopped" window will keep appearing repeatedly, and the automated page/window refresh will fail.

IE error "Internet Explorer has stopped working"IE error "Internet Explorer has stopped working"IE attempted to reopen tab/page/window after clicking on "close the program"IE attempted to reopen tab/page/window after clicking on "close the program"

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Prognosis Web UI crashing IE 11

Hello Kuanyu,

Do you get the same error with a another web browser such as Firefox or Google Chrome?  That could determine if it is a browser issue or problem with the Prognosis web server.

Highlighted
05 Base Camper

Hi Scot,

Unfortunately, because of the IT standard within my organization, IE 11 is all I got.

I can probably try to manually download and forced a manual install of Firefox or Chrome, however, even if I find out IE Chrome and/or Firefox have no issue with the Web UI/server, I can't really go and ask IT to let me keep the browser and also pushing either to 50+ users that'll be accessing the Web UI.

Highlighted

Hello Kuanyu 

the trying different browsers is a way to rule out if it is a browser or web site issue.  There may be some policies or security settings that might be conflicting.  May also want to try to run the Prognosis web site in "Compatibility Mode" to see if that stabilizes the Prognosis Web site.

Also, if you press on the F12 key on keyboard in Internet explorer, it will open Developer Tools that can be used to see what is going on.  You would be able to see if there is some java sript that may be crashing IE.

Highlighted
05 Base Camper

Thanks Scot. As it turns out, I was able to locate a workstation that has Google Chrome provisioned, and indeed Google Chrome User experience did not encounter the same issue as IE 11.

I also appreciate the reminder on Compatibility Mode/View, since I'll have to now investigate why IE 11 encountered error where Google Chrome did not.

Webinar: Keep the modern workforce connected

Unified Communications has always been an important part of companies' digital transformation efforts due to its ability to enable rich virtual collaboration and communication. But with COVID-19, we've reached a break-through point.

Join Bill Haskins, Sr. Analyst & Partner, Unified Communications at Wainhouse Research, and John Ruthven, CEO at IR discuss UC challenges companies are experiencing due to the COVOID-19 crisis.

Join webinar