Highlighted
05 Base Camper

Prognosis Alarm guide

Hi,

Do we have any document (alert guide) which explains various Prognosis alerts and its detailed description. It would help us to configure required alerts and better alert management.

Regards,
Makesh
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Prognosis Alarm guide

Hi Makesh,

I've emailed you a document that should cover what you are looking for. Let me know if it does not!

Cheers,
Randy
Highlighted
05 Base Camper

Hi Randy,

Thanks a lot for this useful and informative document.

Can you please let me know the importance of the below alert and what action the user should take for this; this alarm is configured by default in Prognosis.

"AES-Alerts :Total physical and swap memory used is 80.47% on AES serverv \<>_AES_PRIMARY"

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Makesh
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Makesh,

this alarm is an indication that the memory utilization is a bit high on the AES server at the time of the alert. If you find that the memory utilization is not of concern, the threshold can be modified to increase the threshold limit to a desired level.

Thanks,
Randy
Highlighted
05 Base Camper

Hi Randy,

Thank you for your response.

I couldn't see this alert information in the excel sheet which you have provided. Also would like to know what could be the impact if it reaches 100% (one of the reason could be outage (as AES server would hung), Please let me know is there any other impact associated too).

Regards,
Makesh
Highlighted
IR Partner

Hi, I would like a copy of this guide if possible, please?
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Jonathan, I've forwarded a copy to you via email.

Makesh, I believe there are a few alerts that have not been documented in the guide. I will pass on the details and hopefully we can get a revised version created in the near future. As far as the alert message, this is an indication that the memory utilization may be reaching 100%. Generally when memory is maxed on servers it can cause performance and responsiveness issues. It may be worth taking a look at the servers to see if they have adequate resources.

Randy
Highlighted
05 Base Camper

Hi Randy,

Thank you for all your response on this topic.

Please share the updated 'Prognosis Alert Requirement document' as soon as you received.

Regards,
Makesh
Highlighted
05 Base Camper

Can I please get a copy of this one?

Thank you!

Highlighted
IR Partner
IR Partner

Can you send me a copy of the guide. Tks.

Webinar: Keep the modern workforce connected

Unified Communications has always been an important part of companies' digital transformation efforts due to its ability to enable rich virtual collaboration and communication. But with COVID-19, we've reached a break-through point.

Join Bill Haskins, Sr. Analyst & Partner, Unified Communications at Wainhouse Research, and John Ruthven, CEO at IR discuss UC challenges companies are experiencing due to the COVOID-19 crisis.

Join webinar