cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Path Insight Data not Visible from Web Interface

Highlighted
05 Base Camper

Path Insight Data not Visible from Web Interface

I'm currently setting up path insight and it's licensed and has discovered devices during the setup wizard.  I can see about 15 devices that were discovered with SNMP in the configuration tool under the devices tab.  These were all discovered yesterday.  When I go to the web interface and browse to any of the Path Insight fields all I received is a header with an empty gray box as seen below:

Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 10.47.20 AM.png

When I create a report and have it e-mailed to me It contains interface information from the various switches, but reports utilizaiton and error rates at 0% across the board.  It did populate the correct port descriptions for each interface here so SNMP is working.  Aggregate utilization is also flat-lined.  Any thoughts or recommendations?  

3 REPLIES 3
06 Trekker

Re: Path Insight Data not Visible from Web Interface

Hi Kevin,

Without knowing what was configured during Path Insight install, and just based on the screen capture in the post, it looks like the Path Insight url was not added to the Prognosis core web.config? 

Do you see a 'Network' link, this would be at the top, next to Reports?

image.png

Thanks,

Jason Shannon

06 Trekker

Hi Kevin, 

If the web.config entries have not already been added, here are the steps to do so:

-  Open the PathInsight application, copy the url, yours will be similar but with your servername "http;//jasons1.ir.local:8084"

-  Navigate to ..\Prognosis\WebUI\IIS

-  Open Web.config file and under <configuration><appSettings> add these two entries, just enter them at the bottom of the list:

<add key="PathInsightUrl" value="http://jasons1.ir.local:8084/" />
                     <add key="EnablePathInsight" value="true" />

-  Save the file and open the Prognosis WebUI, you should see a 'Network' link at the top, click this and you should have PathInsight integrated into WebUI. Here is Online Help topic with additional information on this topic:

http://help.prognosis.com/docs/FQCXTLUPPF3A2GQHYSUFI6ZDI6XF2PLJBYKW2AI/Prognosis_11-4/mergedProjects...

06 Trekker

Hi Kevin,

Hope that answered your question, however let me know if you need further assistance, 

If this did answer your question, please be sure to mark as resolved as to assist others, 

Thanks,

Jason Shannon

Webinar: The Journey to Microsoft Teams - Readiness Phase (part 2)

Having looked at the planning phase in session one of this series, we will turn our focus to the readiness phase. The all important technical capabilities assessment, ensuring the network, endpoints and users are adequately prepared for the move.

Hear first hand from IR's Global Head of Information Systems and Technology, Jason Schwendinger, on how he has been tackling these issues.

Join webinar