Highlighted
IR Partner

Lower Level Endpoint Detail

Hi,

Is there a way that we can feed into the product more details around each endpoint- rather than what we see from prognosis(which comes direct from SAT) - why cant the phone field also poll the actual handset to discover the network layer statistics(speed/duplex/VLAN assignment etc) to compliment that data?

Is this another extended solution to do this, or is there a way I can get the product to do it for me?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Lower Level Endpoint Detail

Might need a custom solution to screen-scrape the web page interface on the phone endpoint to collect into Prognosis. 

@Shoaib_Dilawar

Highlighted
IR Partner

Re: Lower Level Endpoint Detail

Thanks - but wouldn't a SNMP walk of each handset yield this data?

I'd be happy enough to be able to collect this info in a file as a start- would I be able to use Prognosis to help with this?

Webinar: Keep the modern workforce connected

Unified Communications has always been an important part of companies' digital transformation efforts due to its ability to enable rich virtual collaboration and communication. But with COVID-19, we've reached a break-through point.

Join Bill Haskins, Sr. Analyst & Partner, Unified Communications at Wainhouse Research, and John Ruthven, CEO at IR discuss UC challenges companies are experiencing due to the COVOID-19 crisis.

Join webinar