cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to find out more about my Avaya Trunk Group Usage from reports, advanced reports, peak usage

Highlighted
Community Manager

I want to find out more about my Avaya Trunk Group Usage from reports, advanced reports, peak usage

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager

Re: I want to find out more about my Avaya Trunk Group Usage from reports, advanced reports, peak us

Here is a short video on how to find out more about Avaya Trunk Group usage.

Steps in the video
1. In Prognosis Web UI - View Systems, drill down to the PBX > trunk groups > trunk group of interest > Usage;
Expected result: Uaage over the latest 24 hours.

2. In Prognosis Web UI - Reports > Avaya Aura > Trunk Group Usage > Select the same PBX, Trunk group Number, Period and click Go to get a report.
Expected result: Trunk Group Usage and Capacity averaged over each interval. up to last

3. In Advanced Reporting > AvayaCisco > Unified Communications > Avaya > Avaya Trunk Group Utilization
Enter start and end dates, Customer name , Site name, PBX name, and Show settings.
Expected result: Capacity, Average Channels Occupied and 10 Minute Peak
Set Show Capacity to No if Capacity is dwarfing the other lines and bars in order to see Average Channels Occupied and 10 Minute Peak to occupy the graph space better.

Tags (1)
IR Partner

Re: I want to find out more about my Avaya Trunk Group Usage from reports, advanced reports, peak us

Thanks for these Gerald.

It's probabbly worth noting that the 'usage' reports for last 24 hours show CCS(call centum seconds) and unless you know how to calculate occupancy from it, it's a pretty meaningless figure.  Are there any plans to turn CCS into an occcupancy figure(%) as I am sure that will be more beneficial to users. This data comes from 'list measurement trunk' SAT command but if we could get Prognosis to show this as a % figure that would be great.

Also, the trunk group usage report is actually an average and not actual usage.

IR Partner

Re Prognosis reporting, is that a new module? What other reporting does it provide in addition to the out of the box reporting?

Is the trunk group report that you show using the same list measurements command to extract the data of is it sampling the actual trunk status(mon tra trunk) to provide the stats?

Community Manager

Hi Jon

Appreciating your feedback. Yes, the Advanced Reporting report is from a Prognosis record AvayaTrunkGroupUsageCurrent and is from the "monitor traffic trunk-groups" SAT command.

Yes Advanced Reporting has a number of other out of box reports for Avaya, (and for Cisco and Skype for Business).

HTH

Webinar: The Journey to Microsoft Teams - Readiness Phase (part 2)

Having looked at the planning phase in session one of this series, we will turn our focus to the readiness phase. The all important technical capabilities assessment, ensuring the network, endpoints and users are adequately prepared for the move.

Hear first hand from IR's Global Head of Information Systems and Technology, Jason Schwendinger, on how he has been tackling these issues.

Join webinar