Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop alerting on particular route pattern

Highlighted
10 Guide

How to stop alerting on particular route pattern

Hello Team,

My customer have a multiple route patterns configured in the Cisco call manager . He wants not to alert some route patters from prognosis due to some reason. I dont see any thresholds to stop particular router pattern as if i stop routepattern alerts it is disabaling for all the existing route patterns. Do have any idea to stop alerting on some route patterns , and other should be have alerting. Can you please help me here.

Regards,

route patterns.JPG

Phani

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: How to stop alerting on particular route pattern

Hi Phan,

Here is a short video showing how to refine the route pattern down alerting to just the important route patterns. Does this help?  (replay at 720p)

HTH

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Phan,

Here is a short video showing how to refine the route pattern down alerting to just the important route patterns. Does this help?  (replay at 720p)

HTH

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
Highlighted
10 Guide

Hi garald,

Thank you very much for clear explanation . instad of route pattern , i have applied your method on Route Group , we are still getting the alert , Please look into the screen shot attached here, do we need any thing here to stop alerting on particular Route group.

Refuse group.jpgRegards,

Phani

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Phani

That should work just fine for Route Groups.

we are still getting the alert

After that change and clicking Start, you would have received off event alerts for every open problem. This is the threshold closing them out to replace them with new alerts that reflect the change. Does that explain the alerts you saw? It should be a once off when you clicked Start.

The Alerts dashboard in the web UI should also confirm that remaining Route Group down Open alerts are only the ones you want to alert on consistent with the where clause change (if they are down).

HTH

Highlighted

Hello Phani,

I looked at this question with Venkatesh while on a call on another issue yesterday.  We pretty much did what Gerald recommended and modified the where clause to look at certain route points based on what is in the name of them.  You may want to check with him to see if it is working or not.

Highlighted

Hey @PhanindraAtchi

you can filter the RPs that you don't want to see in the threshold.

you can use a where-clause such as <RPFIELD> NOT IN { "8.480XXXX", "<2nd>", "...", "<Nth>"}

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
Highlighted
Community Manager

FYI - Here is another post with a short video for this example of refining route group down alerting.

HTH

https://community.ir.com/t5/Unified-Communications/How-to-stop-alerting-on-all-route-groups-and-just...

Highlighted
10 Guide

Thank you Geraled , Its looks like its working , No alert is triggered after applying the configuration. I am closely monitoring the status, I will get back to you if i see any alert triggers again.

Thank you very muck for sharing the video.

Phani

Webinar: The Journey to Microsoft Teams - Readiness Phase (part 2)

Having looked at the planning phase in session one of this series, we will turn our focus to the readiness phase. The all important technical capabilities assessment, ensuring the network, endpoints and users are adequately prepared for the move.

Hear first hand from IR's Global Head of Information Systems and Technology, Jason Schwendinger, on how he has been tackling these issues.

Join webinar