How to setup an Alert if no data arrive.

Highlighted
05 Base Camper

How to setup an Alert if no data arrive.

Hi all

Unfortunately we a unstable network connection from Managemnt node to Oracle SBC and also to SfB QoE Database.

How can I setup an alarm if I didn't receive (SBC via SFTP) and can't get no data from SQL (SfB) into Prognosis after 3 unsuccesfull intervalls ?

Thanks in advance

Steffen

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: How to setup an Alert if no data arrive.

There are two primary options.

1) Setup a Not Exists Thresholds looking for a particular peice of information you always expect to be there. This is pretty straight forward when you do not need to count and there is not a summary.

This works really well if you have a record with a static peice of information like a IP Address. I am not a UC person but picking a random UC record this would alert if no data is returned for 10.12.32.1 for 3 consecutive intervals.

image.png

image.png

2) You can create an analyst to get more fancy with it and add more logic and dispatching to account for things like non-consecutive intervals and if record A doesn't exist then go check record B and then if true alert.

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the resolved button to assist others.

Christopher R Souser - Sr. Services Solution Engineer, Payments & Infrastructure – MSci. PA, CISSP, ITIL.
Tags (1)
Webinar: Keep the modern workforce connected

Unified Communications has always been an important part of companies' digital transformation efforts due to its ability to enable rich virtual collaboration and communication. But with COVID-19, we've reached a break-through point.

Join Bill Haskins, Sr. Analyst & Partner, Unified Communications at Wainhouse Research, and John Ruthven, CEO at IR discuss UC challenges companies are experiencing due to the COVOID-19 crisis.

Join webinar