cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I export network elements using irMRConfig?

Highlighted
05 Base Camper

How can I export network elements using irMRConfig?

Hello everyone,

I am trying to figure out how to export network elements with irMRConfig but I am running into some walls. When I try and execute irMRConfig, the cmd prompt window appears for about a second and closes completely. I have tried looking for the configuration file that irMRConfig references, but nothing in the files I have browsed in seem to match the commands I would need to run if i could get irMRConfig to work in the first place according to the help contents. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: How can I export network elements using irMRConfig?

Hi Edmanual, can you provide more information as to what you are attempting to do? irMRconfig is part of the UC Reporter package which provides a set of pre-configured reports. This package is not designed for any customization other than the word document templates.

Perhaps there is a better way to accomplish what you are trying. I assume you are using the command line tool?

Thanks,
Randy
Highlighted
Community Manager

One other thing. The irMRConfig is contained within the Prognosis\Reporter\Bin directory
Highlighted
05 Base Camper

Hi Randy,

Thank you for the quick response! I am trying to create a document that shows me how Prognosis is currently configured along with all the systems it is currently monitoring. Right now the only solution I could come up with through the help files was to generate and export through Reporting but it seems that may not produce the type of document that I need.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks for the clarification.
Prognosis has a function called IRFAX which generates a snapshot of the Prognosis server. Within this document are all configurations including the devices that are currently being monitored. If you are not familiar with the IRFAX, it is generated by navigating to the \Prognosis\Server\Configuration directory and clicking on the "IRFAX.bat" file. This process takes approximately 5-10 minutes to complete and generates a zip file titled IRFAX.zip in the same directory. Although it contains log files and other troubleshooting information, it does contain the contents of all static configuration files (avaya_pbx, CUCM cluster configurations, etc.

This may give you the information you are interested in outputting. There is one caveat though regarding network devices. This will not list devices configured into the Prognosis PathInsight component. If you are running PathInsight, you can obtain a list of devices by navigating to the Program Files (x86)\Integrated Research\Path Insight directory and copying the file "SwitchMonitor.cfg". This file will contain a list of configured network elements.

Hope this helps!

Randy
Highlighted
05 Base Camper

Thanks Randy! That was the answer I was looking for.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Anyone wanting to use irmrconfig to export certain data from UC Reporter, it is quite useful for that:
http://help.prognosis.com/dr/Prognosis_11-2/mergedProjects/UC_Reporter/Command_Line_Tool.htm

I have seen this used when really complex report grouped needed configuring / reconfiguring. Teh above online help topic is quite descriptive on this
Webinar: Keep the modern workforce connected

Unified Communications has always been an important part of companies' digital transformation efforts due to its ability to enable rich virtual collaboration and communication. But with COVID-19, we've reached a break-through point.

Join Bill Haskins, Sr. Analyst & Partner, Unified Communications at Wainhouse Research, and John Ruthven, CEO at IR discuss UC challenges companies are experiencing due to the COVOID-19 crisis.

Join webinar