cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we enabling TACACS authentication in CUBE Router instated of Radius ?

09 Summiteer

Can we enabling TACACS authentication in CUBE Router instated of Radius ?

Hi Team,

Can anyone help us with this issue with high on priroty.

Currently we configured Raidus configuration on all of our Cube routers now our customers want to change the configuration to TACACS.

Just We need to understand how Prognosis runs when pulling sip/call information  - in short, what commands is prognosis running against a SIP CUBE to pull information?

Does it write anything?

What level of access to does Prognosis require?  Privilage 15?  Can it be less? 

Can you provide a list of commands Prognosis is using?

Thanks,

Venkatesh

2 REPLIES 2
Staff

Re: Can we enabling TACACS authentication in CUBE Router instated of Radius ?

Hi,

• Prognosis requires read-only access with privilege level 15 for "show dial-peer voice summary"
  • Prognosis receives the voice quality of CUBE calls from RADIUS call accounting. You can use TACACS for user authentication while RADIUS is used for call accounting.
  • Prognosis also requires R/O SNMP access for performance and availability metrics.

Please refer to online help for details. I have copied the breadcrumb trail below

Home > Prognosis for Unified Communications > Session Border Controllers > Configuration > Cisco UBE Configuration > Cisco UBE Configuration

I hope this helps.

Highlighted
09 Summiteer

Re: Can we enabling TACACS authentication in CUBE Router instated of Radius ?

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your information. I am really appreciate your help here.

Thanks,

Venkatesh

Webinar: The Journey to Microsoft Teams - Readiness Phase (part 2)

Having looked at the planning phase in session one of this series, we will turn our focus to the readiness phase. The all important technical capabilities assessment, ensuring the network, endpoints and users are adequately prepared for the move.

Hear first hand from IR's Global Head of Information Systems and Technology, Jason Schwendinger, on how he has been tackling these issues.

Join webinar