cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audit Log Extractor (Track Prognosis Activity)

Community Manager

Re: Audit Log Extractor (Track Prognosis Activity)

Hi Warren,

I am sending you the solution and steps now. Once you have this in place you should be able to create filters pretty easily to see who logs into the webui and GUI too if you need that. Although it comes with a basic display, I imagine you should create a multi window display on that new record and save the filters you need.

I.e.
One window in the display for logon events
Another could be Configuration changes (People starting Configurations etc)

There is a lot you could configure to show from this new record.
If you find value in this solution, please do post your feedback here too. It's always great to hear feedback.
Community Manager

As mentioned previously, this Prognosis Audit Log Extractor functionality has been added to 11.3.

In Prognosis 11.3, instead of simply writing this Prognosis audit information to a text file or sending this information to an external Syslog server, a new Prognosis Audit Log record has been created. New packaging has been added to show this information through the Windows Client and Web Application, including extending the ‘Trouble Shooting’ database on all platforms to store this information. Users can obtain access to this information for each server via a drilldown from the ‘Prognosis Status’ Display. Users should ensure that they stop and restart their troubleshooting databases to ensure that they have the latest configuration.

It is also highly recommended to change the wrapping size of the ‘Trouble Shooting’ database to allow for the extra audit log information storage.

After upgrading to 11.3, check the per hour growth rate of the trouble shooting DB and then ensure the default wrapping size is big enough to store the data you need. For example on Windows server, the default is set to 14 days, let’s say the growth rate is 1.3MB/hour, you will need 14x24x1.3 = 436 MB for 14 days worth of data and to ensure there is spare room, may be the wrap size should be changed to 500MB and the troubleshooting DB restarted.
Community Manager

Hi Adam,
can you please share a copy of this solution.
Regards,
Community Manager

Alain Roy said
Hi Adam,
can you please share a copy of this solution.
Regards,  

Hi Alain,

I will send you the Audit Log Extractor for you to install. please let us know if you have any questions.
05 Base Camper

Hello,

I would like a copy of the Extractor software.

Thank you,

Chris

Community Manager

Hi Chris,

What version of Prognosis are you using?

- I ask because as of 11.3, Auditlog extractor is now in Product. If you are on an earlier version, yes I can send you the solution and install instructions. Let me know.

05 Base Camper

Thanks, I'm on 11.4, I'll followup with our Prognosis experts internally.

Thank you,

Chris

Community Manager

Hi Chris,

In the Prognosis Windows Client:

1. Navigate to the following in the document window:
Knowledge > Common > PROGNOSIS

2. Then open the Prognosis Status display

3. Along the top you will see a link to the "Audit Log" display

See attached screenshot. I hope this helps.

05 Base Camper

Hi Adam,

I would like to get a copy of the Audit Log Extractor solution you provided.  Is there a link anywhere for this solution?

Thanks,

Adam Moucharite

05 Base Camper

I'd like a copy of the audit log extractor please - joe.mccann@centurylink.com

Webinar: The Journey to Microsoft Teams - Readiness Phase (part 2)

Having looked at the planning phase in session one of this series, we will turn our focus to the readiness phase. The all important technical capabilities assessment, ensuring the network, endpoints and users are adequately prepared for the move.

Hear first hand from IR's Global Head of Information Systems and Technology, Jason Schwendinger, on how he has been tackling these issues.

Join webinar