cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audit Log Extractor (Track Prognosis Activity)

Community Manager

Re: Audit Log Extractor (Track Prognosis Activity)

Hi Szymon,

Great to see you on the forum and hope to see more posts from you soon.

I'll get the files packaged up and sent to you within the next hour.
If you have any questions about this solution or struggle with any part of the deployment, please do post back here with details.
05 Base Camper

I would also like the Audit Log solution as well please.
Community Manager

Hi Andy,

I have just emailed you the files and directions. Please try out the solution and post a response back here with some feedback if you get time.
- I'd love to see customers posting here recommending these solutions to other customers and noting down what value they offer.
05 Base Camper

Thanks Adam this is going to be critical to keep an audit record across all of our monitoring nodes.
Community Manager

Hi Levon
We would like to request the files to set this extractor up.
Community Manager

Mark Brunini said
Hi Levon
We would like to request the files to set this extractor up.  

Hi Mark,

I will send you the required files to install this solution via email.

Thank you.
Community Manager

So nice to see that so many people are interested in getting a copy of Adam's extractor for Prognosis Audit Log.

Just to let everyone who asked for a copy knows, an official version of the extractor will be part of 11.3.

Prior to Prognosis 11.3, Prognosis only had the ability to provide details of various operations performed in a text file or send this audit information out via Syslog. The operations covered include successful and unsuccessful logins from the Prognosis Windows Client and the starting or stopping of Analysts, Thresholds, Databases and Configurations, etc.

In Prognosis 11.3, instead of simply writing this Prognosis audit information to a text file or sending this information to an external Syslog server, a new Prognosis Audit Log record has been created using something very similar to Adam's original extractor.

New packaging has been added to show the information under Windows Client and Web Application including extending the Troubleshooting database on all platforms to store this information. Users will be able to get access to this information via drilldown from the Prognosis Status display for each node after they upgrade to 11.3 which is currently target to be released at the end of July.
Community Manager

How often does the Audit log gets scraped Adam?
Community Manager

Hi Jitesh,

That part is configurable. You can hard code it on the extractor line, or if you leave it open there it will be based on the requester (Display etc)
The Extractor line I supplied doesn't have the interval set, and the sample display I ship with it is set to 10 seconds.

Because it is a local file I do not expect this to be too aggressive.
05 Base Camper

Please send me the files to add this to our deployment.
Webinar: The Journey to Microsoft Teams - Readiness Phase (part 2)

Having looked at the planning phase in session one of this series, we will turn our focus to the readiness phase. The all important technical capabilities assessment, ensuring the network, endpoints and users are adequately prepared for the move.

Hear first hand from IR's Global Head of Information Systems and Technology, Jason Schwendinger, on how he has been tackling these issues.

Join webinar