cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audit Log Extractor (Track Prognosis Activity)

Community Manager

Audit Log Extractor (Track Prognosis Activity)

Description: This solution is a simple extractor to read in the Prognosis Audit Log files from C:\Prognosis\Server\Configuration\Audit\auditlog.txt. Audit files that track the prognosis actions can be drawn into a prognosis record via a simple log extractor and support have a free of charge solution available to anyone requesting it.

Deployment:
The solution consist of 3 files:
C:\Prognosis\Server\Configuration\PRAUDITLOG\PRAUDLOG.EXT
C:\Prognosis\Server\Configuration\Solutions\PRAUDITLOG\PRAUDLOG.udefsrec
C:\Prognosis\User Interface\My Displays & Configurations\Prognosis Audit Log\Prognosis Service Audit Log.dpy
(So just an EXT rule file, a custom record definition file, and a display file)

Steps to deploy:
1. Copy the supplied zip file to your prognosis root directory and right click it and select Extract All. Before clicking OK change the path to just C:\Prognosis (Or your drive letter) and click OK
2. Put the extractor line into the 'Extractor Configuration' and click start.
i.e.
EXTRACT FILE (FSCOL, PRAUDITLOG/PRAUDLOG.EXT, audit/auditlog.txt, 0 )
3. Restart the Prognosis Service (THis is needed because you are introducing a new record)

Where to deploy:
All Servers including the Manager Server
- Note, on the manager server, edit the display's nodegroup and ensure all your prognsois servers are added there (You could re-use the 'Prognosis Self Monitoring' solution nodegroup called "Prognosis Servers")

Cost: Free of charge
To request a copy of this extractor and it's install directions, simply reply to this forum post.
We encourage questions about this free solution. Just reply to this forum topic with any questions or feedback you have about it.

AUDITLOG-Extractor.jpg
50 REPLIES 50
05 Base Camper

Re: Audit Log Extractor (Track Prognosis Activity)

Hi Adam,

I'd really love getting a copy of this solution.

I just found a few days ago Prognosis had the capability to extract log files content and I intend working on some scripts myself.
Community Manager

Hi Guillaume,

Nice to see you active on the forum.
I will shoot you an email in the next 30 minutes with a download link to the files for this solution. It would be great if you could come back and reply to this topic regarding how useful you find the solution as well.
Community Manager

Hi Adam,
Can I have a copy too?
Thanks and Regards,
Lukasz
Community Manager

Hi Lukasz,

I have sent you the files and information via email.
Note: You can install this extractor on all prognosis servers and then access it globally on the manager node to get full visibility into changes system wide.

Please try out the solution and then provide feedback here:
- Was it useful?
- Any question?
- Any Suggestions for improvements?
06 Trekker

Hi Levon,
I would like to get a copy of this solution to install on our Prognosis.
Community Manager

Hi Cedric,

I will generate an email for you with all the required files.

Please try out the solution and then provide feedback here:
– Was it useful?
– Any question?
– Any Suggestions for improvements?
06 Trekker

I installed it on the CMS monitoring node. Should I install it everywhere?
06 Trekker

What should I do with the lines that have "FAILURE" in the status column of the Audit Log? Should I open a ticket with support?
Community Manager

Hi Cedric,

Shoot me and Levon a screenshot (Via email) and we will let you know if it's something of concern that will be better tracked on a support case.
Webinar: The Journey to Microsoft Teams - Readiness Phase (part 2)

Having looked at the planning phase in session one of this series, we will turn our focus to the readiness phase. The all important technical capabilities assessment, ensuring the network, endpoints and users are adequately prepared for the move.

Hear first hand from IR's Global Head of Information Systems and Technology, Jason Schwendinger, on how he has been tackling these issues.

Join webinar