cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analyst Syntax Highlighting

Analyst Syntax Highlighting

The following is an Analyst Syntax Highlighter for Notepad++ that I've built and use everyday.

It assumes the following best practices are being utilized
In particular:
1) All user defined variables begin with _ and all global variables (in the define section) with __g syntax. This clearly distinguishes them as user variables from field names and ^system variables and the context in which they can be utilized.
2) It also assumes you are either copying the text out of the Prognosis Analyst dialogue into Notepad++ or referencing it as a .rule file.

Note: Many / Most of our legacy out of the box analysts due not follow these best practices but the newer ones do.. but it they also haven't made it into documentation.
CRS_IR_Analyst_SyntaxHighlighting_19May2017.zip

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the resolved button to assist others.

Christopher R Souser - Payments and Infrastructure Consultant – MSci. PA, CISSP, ITIL.
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
05 Base Camper

Re: Analyst Syntax Highlighting

Chris,

Can you fix the link for the file?

I'm getting a 404 - Page not found.

Thank you,

Henry

Webinar: The Journey to Microsoft Teams - Readiness Phase (part 2)

Having looked at the planning phase in session one of this series, we will turn our focus to the readiness phase. The all important technical capabilities assessment, ensuring the network, endpoints and users are adequately prepared for the move.

Hear first hand from IR's Global Head of Information Systems and Technology, Jason Schwendinger, on how he has been tackling these issues.

Join webinar