cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prognosis License Issue

Anon
Community Manager

Prognosis License Issue

I have noticed when applying new license files on Prognosis version 11.2 that Prognosis will not restart, getting a RecDef Load Error as shown:
2017-06-20 13:50:20 00004000 IRPROMGR 00,771 vewmgrp 15153 11.2.0 Internal program error - RecDef Load Error
How do I remedy this?
9 REPLIES 9
Anon
Community Manager

Re: Prognosis License Issue

Hopefully you will not need to run the IRCLEAN utility. That being said, please make sure that you use an FTP client to move the license files on to
the NonStop servers, using either text or ascii as the transfer mode. If you must use IXF, then please make sure you set the Record Length to the longest
possible length, being 239. If this is not done, then the license files will get truncated and Prognosis will not up.
Anon
Community Manager

I have tried using the correct license files and get the exact same error. I have tried the latest version of the license files as well as the previous ones
with the exact same results, RecDef Load Error. What is the next step to resolve this issue?
Anon
Community Manager

If you use the old license keys that will expire 6/30/2017, will Prognosis come up and online?
Anon
Community Manager

Yes it does and all is ok.
What is the next step to resolve this issue?
Anon
Community Manager

I will have the license files re-generated and we can give those a try, but I doubt that will remedy the issue.
Anon
Community Manager

I have tried the latest license files and get the exact same issue RecDef Load Error.
What do we try next?
Anon
Community Manager

I believe the next step is to run the IRCLEAN utility.
From a TACL prompt, type in RUN IRCLEAN FULL
Anon
Community Manager

If I do this will I lose all of my Automated Analyst Rules, active Database Collections, and Thresholds?
Anon
Community Manager

Yes you will because the IRCLEAN FULL deletes the temporary files that have the contents of AA rules, Database Collections, and Thresholds as well as
other temporary data files. So you will want to create GUI documents for all of these items so that you can restart them after Prognosis comes back online and get back all of
the things that were running prior to the IRCLEAN FULL.

That looks like it fixed the issue, the IRCLEAN FULL got Prognosis back on line and I was able to start all of the items that were running prior to the license file changes from
the GUI documents that I had created.
Thank you