cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Path Insight Device Count

Tonia K
05 Base Camper

Path Insight Device Count

What is the proper way to take a device count for a Path Insight License? Currently we have been taking the phone counts off the CUCM but on a license I just got it Path Insight is discovering many many more devices than I counted.
2 REPLIES 2
Anon
Community Manager

Re: Path Insight Device Count

Tonia,
Path Insight is licensed by interface on the devices monitored, so depending on how many interfaces you have on the devices you configure into Path Insight, that number will vary, as all network environments are different. Path Insight will attempt to monitor all interfaces seen on a device. It does allow the ability to ignore any interface so that the license utilized number comes down. Typically our customers will only monitor the interfaces that are active an supporting the voice environment, so that will bring that interface count down. As a basic estimate, I would say, take the number of phone endpoints and multiply by 3, but that is surely not an exact science.

Rick
Anon
Community Manager

Re: Path Insight Device Count

Tonia, you might might to see this other thread for some discussion on how to reduce the license counts by removing interfaces from monitoring.: https://online.prognosis.com/forum/path-insight/path-insight-bulk-removal-of-unused-interfaces/#p2452