cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring A Clim Port Speed

Bill Logan
05 Base Camper

Monitoring A Clim Port Speed

How can you use Prognosis to monitor a Clim's port speed on a HP NonStop system. Most of ours are set to auto negotiate and when the speed on the switch is altered it can impact our business without us knowing.
3 REPLIES 3
GeraldC
Hero

Re: Monitoring A Clim Port Speed

Hi There. Well, I guess you're looking for a metric of the bytes-per-second speed *capacity* that was negotiated whereas Prognosis has metrics for how *utilised* are the connections such as detailed in Help here: Prognosis for Infrastructure > Prognosis for HP NonStop > Performance Manager > CLIM (Cluster I/O Module) Monitoring > Monitoring CLIM Data > CLIM Central Display.

If they're CLIM fibre channel ports being negotiated, then the PortWorldWideName field in the NonStopPhysicalVolume record may also be worth a try to at least tell you when the port changes. Not sure if yours are IP or Storage CLIMs.
HTH. Let us know.
Bill Logan
05 Base Camper

They are IP clims. So I don't think your answer will apply. Is there a way to see what the negotiated speed is for a IP Clim ?
GeraldC
Hero

That would be the 'Link Speed' metric then like in the output of a command like for example "climcmd n100241 climconfig interface -info all" where Link Speed appears under the Auto Negotiated Details. I can confirm that Prognosis does not collect that.
HTH, or let us know if it is another metric.