Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase alerts count in Alerts by Customer TAB

Venkatesh
10 Guide

How to increase alerts count in Alerts by Customer TAB

Hi All,

Can any one help us on how can we increase number of alert count in Alerts by Customer TAB.

Currently it is displaying only top 50 alerts we need to chage at least for 200. Can any one provide detail steps on this how can we chage.

alerts.PNGalerts1.PNG

Thanks,

Venkatesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to increase alerts count in Alerts by Customer TAB

Venkatesh,

You'd need to modify the .dashboard file to update the 'Title'. Just look for the text and replace it. Reload the dashboard and it should reflect the change. If you decide to change the .dashboard file under Knowledge Folder, you'll have to 'Send to Web' again.

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi Vankatesh,

This is quite simple. You would need to use thick client (GUI) to modify the display and then publish it again.

image.png

Once you locate the display:

1. Right click > Properties

2. Click on the 'Window' that has the tabular data (in this case bottom 2)

3. Double click on number in the 'Limit' column to open the Limit tab dialog box.

4. Update the number to 200 (or what is desired).

5. OK > OK > OK.

6. Save the changes.

7. Right click on display again > 'Send To Web...'

Now refresh the display in webUI and you should see upto 200 alerts. Make sure that it is getting the latest display and not a cached copy in browser's cache.

If you find this helpful and it works, you can mark the answer as 'Accepted Solution'

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
Venkatesh
10 Guide

Hello Shoaib,

Thank you very much for your quick response. I much appreciate your answer.

I have made changes as you suggest in thick client (GUI). It is working fine in Thick client(GUI) but this same data is not reflecting in WebUI page. Still it is showing 50 alerts even after i did 7th step as you mentioned.

alerts.PNGalerts in WebGUI.PNGAlerts in WebGUI 2.PNGT

Could you please let me know if any addtional steps do i need do to relecting same data in WebGUI also.

Thanks,

Venkatesh.

Venkatesh
10 Guide

Hello Shoaib,

Thank you very much for your quick response. I much appreciate your answer.

I have made changes as you suggest in thick client (GUI). It is working fine in Thick client(GUI) but this same data is not reflecting in WebUI page. Still it is showing 50 alerts even after i did 7th step as you mentioned.

Alerts in Thick Clinet:

alerts.PNG

Alerts in WebGUI:

alerts in WebGUI.PNGAlerts in WebGUI 2.PNGT

Could you please let me know if any addtional steps do i need do to relecting same data in WebGUI also.

Thanks,

Venkatesh.

Hi Venkatesh,

I just noticed that the display uses a pre-defined .query and .dashboard files. In such case, modifying GUI display doesn't not get translated to webUI when you use 'Send to Web'. It just copies the .dashboard file and merges the content of .query file. This display is one of those exceptional cases.

To update, you'll have to:

1. Locate display location (e.g C:\Prognosis\User Interface\Knowledge\Common\Alerts)

2. Open the Alerts Central Customer.query file

3. Modify the LIMIT in below lines:

LIMIT EVERY NODE 50 BY OpenTime DESC <== Update to 200 (line 88 on 11.4)

LIMIT 50 BY OpenTime DESC (line 131 on 11.4)

4. Now you can repeat the step 7 from above, i-e Send to Web

Thanks,
Shoaib
Venkatesh
10 Guide

Hi Shoaib,

Excellent for your support on this.

Now we are able to receive 200 alerts in each TAB. But in displaying webUI is not changed even alert count is 200.

alert count.PNGalert count 1.PNG

Could you please help me on this real quick. Please provide me the addtional steps to resolve this.

Thanks,

Venkatesh.

Venkatesh
10 Guide

Hello Shoaib,

I hope that you are doing great. Could you please provide any update on this query ASAP?

Thanks,

Venkatesh.

Venkatesh,

You'd need to modify the .dashboard file to update the 'Title'. Just look for the text and replace it. Reload the dashboard and it should reflect the change. If you decide to change the .dashboard file under Knowledge Folder, you'll have to 'Send to Web' again.

Thanks,
Shoaib

View solution in original post