Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to come on NSK from Version 10.3 to 11.2

Anon
Community Manager

How to come on NSK from Version 10.3 to 11.2

Dear Experts!

hope you can help us with the following questions:

We run on a lot of NSK-Systems in our network in version 10.3.
Now our questions:
1. How long is Version 10.3 offical supported?
2. Is there a upgrade-possibility from 10.3 to 11.2?
Behind is the question how much is the effort, how much does the upgrade costs in work.
3. Can in Version 11.2 the PRGNINI-File still be used with:
NEW-IRPROMGR-PPD=$STM
OLD-IRPROMGR-PPD=$STM
Because in past we installed parallel with a new processname and other IP-Ports and we switched to production in modifing these parameter in the PRGNINI-File.

That is all in the moment.
Hope you have some interesting answers for us.

Best Regards
Bernd
3 REPLIES 3
Anon
Community Manager

Re: How to come on NSK from Version 10.3 to 11.2

Hi Bernd,

Thanks for posting your questions.

1. 10.3 is currently in the 'Essential Support' phase. With the release of 11.3 within the next few months, 10.2 will move to 'Sustaining Support', with 10.0 and 10.1 moving to EOL. This means that I'd expect that the next release after 11.3 will see 10.3 move to sustaining, and the following release after that at least before EOL. Based on current release schedules, that means that I'd expect that 10.3 is supported for at least another 12 months or so, but I should stress that for an official statement or any further accuracy than this, it would probably be a good idea to put a formal query in with your account manager or support.

2. Yes, upgrade from 10.3 to 11.2 is supported, so long as you have the latest patch for 10.3 installed first (patch 7 for NonStop Integrity, no patch required for NonStopX). The level of effort is similar to the upgrade process from any other 10.x release to 10.3. That is, the upgrade process is much the same, and I'd expect that your experience upgrading from 10.3 to 11.2 will be similar to your previous experience upgrading to 10.3.

3. The PRGNINI settings that you refer to are still valid in 11.2. These work the same way as before; if you change the 'NEW-IRPROMGR-PPD' setting before starting Prognosis, the start up will detect this and configure Prognosis accordingly.

Hope this all makes sense!

Cheers,
Mick
Anon
Community Manager

Hello Mick!

thank you for your answer. All best!

Best Regards
Bernd
ChristopherS
12 Sherpa

Bernd,
I wanted to add that in your upgrade path you also need to review your NETWORK configuration especially around the LEGACY-CONNECTIONS Parameter.
It changed meaning in the 11.x upgrade and I've seen it be a stumbling block on some upgrades that have occurred on NonStops where some have upgraded then not been able to connect.

Being you are on 10.3 on your Nonstop I'd recommend you consider upgrading your Windows Managing / WebUI node first to 11.2 as well which should be able to monitor your 10.3 NonStop and act as a gateway too it. This also gives you the enhancements of the WebUI earlier as I realize the process to perform upgrades on a Nonstop for many organizations is a long process.

Christopher

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the resolved button to assist others.

Christopher R Souser - Solution Architect – MSci. PA, CISSP, ITIL.