cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CiscoUBE-Alerts :Cisco UBE i{name} on \{server} : Dial Peer XXXX has call errors.

Michael_Cunning
05 Base Camper

CiscoUBE-Alerts :Cisco UBE i{name} on \{server} : Dial Peer XXXX has call errors.

Wondering if anyone can give me more detail on this error: CiscoUBE-Alerts :Cisco UBE i{name} on \{server} : Dial Peer XXXX has call errors.

we get them about once a day on our Cisco CUBE routers, the router logs show no errors and there is no information in the Prognosis Alert to help us troubleshoot if there is a real issue or not.

thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Anon
Community Manager

Re: CiscoUBE-Alerts :Cisco UBE i{name} on \{server} : Dial Peer XXXX has call errors.

Hi Michael,

I'm not from IR, but if you are running SIP on the CUBEs then SIP error responses can trigger this. Even 4xx client responses will trigger it which are generally harmless. As 4xx responses are very common, this threshold will generate many false alerts. I've disabled it on our systems.

John
Anon
Community Manager

Re: CiscoUBE-Alerts :Cisco UBE i{name} on \{server} : Dial Peer XXXX has call errors.

Hi Michael,

show dial-peer voice should provide the same information. Please look for the lines that contains "Failed Calls" and "Refused Calls".
Michael_Cunning
05 Base Camper

I do see a failed call count in the sh dial-peer voice but it doesn't really give me any details on what the errors may be and it's just a counter not a real-time informational command to use for when the Prognosis alert comes in.... I'm really wanting to understand what the alert is keying off of so we know if it's a real alert to be concerns with or if it is something we should ignore or suppress. We obviously want to know if there are errors and failed calls...
Anon
Community Manager

Michael Cunningham said
I do see a failed call count in the sh dial-peer voice but it doesn't really give me any details on what the errors may be and it's just a counter not a real-time informational command to use for when the Prognosis alert comes in.... I'm really wanting to understand what the alert is keying off of so we know if it's a real alert to be concerns with or if it is something we should ignore or suppress. We obviously want to know if there are errors and failed calls...  

That's good. So, Prognosis has done its job as a monitoring tool and notified you about those failures.

You need to use debug commands to find out why IOS is failing those calls. You may want to start with debug voip ccapi all.

If this issue is repeating randomly and rarely, then you can utilise Prognosis SYSLOG collector and Prognosis thresholds to set up real-time alerts. You need to configure IOS to send debug logs to Prognosis SYSLOG collector. Then you can create new threshold/alerts that will notify you (by email) when IOS debugs produce certain patterns, such as "call_failed".
Michael_Cunning
05 Base Camper

I have worked with Cisco TAC on this and they cannot find anything for the errors, we are getting >8 a day from Prognosis. We've looked at logs and debugs and do not see what is generating these alerts in Prognosis.

We need to know what Prognosis is receiving that is saying there are errors, how do we get that information?

Hi Michael,

Number of failed calls and refused calls is obtained via SNMP from dialCtlPeerStatsTable in DIAL-CONTROL-MIB. Since these are counter values, difference between values is taken. Are these counters steadily increasing in your environment? Are the alerts being triggered and cleared?
Michael_Cunning
05 Base Camper

thank you very much Shobha, that is exactly the information I needed.

You are welcome, Michael :-)