cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced IRGUI Settings

Shoaib_Dilawar
12 Sherpa

Advanced IRGUI Settings

Prognosis GUI (thick client) has some advanced features that can be enabled via irgui.ini to get most out of GUI for power users. These settings enable users to copy/paste windows from/to dashboards in GUI, view substituted properties (e.g where-clause and prompts) as well as change record without losing calculated fields. Not only that, you can now copy user defined fields from one window to another (given same data source is used in to/from windows) as well as visual alarms (conditions).

To enable:

1. Open irgui.ini from '<Prognosis>\User Interface' directory
2. Make sure irgui is not running.
3. Under [Display] section add following lines.

[Display]
EnableApplyTheme=1
View substituted properties=1
CopyPasteMenuItems=1
Change View Record= 1
EditMode=0

4. Start GUI.

To copy or view substituted properties, just right click in a window:

irgui01.png

To overwrite contents of copied window, use 'Paste' or to do some partial copy, use 'Paste Special':

irgui02.png

With 'Paste Special' you can choose what exactly you wanted to copy:

irgui03.png

To change record sorce, without losing user defined fields and visual alarms etc, right click on data source in properties winow:

irgui04.png

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
Tags (2)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Advanced IRGUI Settings

Hi @Shoaib_Dilawar get information and category expert post. I have upgraded this to an accepted solution.

If my answer helped you today, please give my post a like and be sure to mark the 'Accept Solution' button to help others find the answer!
Thanks Todd De Rosa - IR Community Manager

View solution in original post

ChristopherS
12 Sherpa

Additional notes on this

1) When changing out a record, the new record name will not immediately appear in the display but you can click on it and it will be active. 

1A) IF you do not do this and just hit ok it may not take BUT take note of the fields being displayed before clicking ok as once in the dialogue you may not be able to exit and complete step #2.

1B) If it is a custom name, you should single click on the view name and rename it.. such as from "FTMRecord" to "B24POS" or something otherwise the view name will remain FTMRecord even though it is going to B24POS.

2) When changing out the record, while preserving everything like Where clauses and custom fields being utilized, it still requires a lot of manual intervention. 

2a) When changing out the record you may need to add/delete fields in the selection... if you don't get them all it will give you a warning.. if you are overly generous it may not tell you and you may have other problems. At minimum you need to delete the grey'd out fields on the 'selected data fields' column like the screenshot below.

2b) If the record does not have the same field names you will need to go through each of the references in the where clause, user fields, drill downs etc and update the shortnames if they are not exactly the same.  It will give you errors if they are off but it will not give you an error on your Associate Name tab

3) Save, Close, Reopen and verify.. I think i've gotten everything then go back and realize I didn't so its always good to double check your changes took place. 

image.png

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the resolved button to assist others.

Christopher R Souser - Solution Architect – MSci. PA, CISSP, ITIL.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Shoaib_Dilawar get information and category expert post. I have upgraded this to an accepted solution.

If my answer helped you today, please give my post a like and be sure to mark the 'Accept Solution' button to help others find the answer!
Thanks Todd De Rosa - IR Community Manager
ChristopherS
12 Sherpa

Additional notes on this

1) When changing out a record, the new record name will not immediately appear in the display but you can click on it and it will be active. 

1A) IF you do not do this and just hit ok it may not take BUT take note of the fields being displayed before clicking ok as once in the dialogue you may not be able to exit and complete step #2.

1B) If it is a custom name, you should single click on the view name and rename it.. such as from "FTMRecord" to "B24POS" or something otherwise the view name will remain FTMRecord even though it is going to B24POS.

2) When changing out the record, while preserving everything like Where clauses and custom fields being utilized, it still requires a lot of manual intervention. 

2a) When changing out the record you may need to add/delete fields in the selection... if you don't get them all it will give you a warning.. if you are overly generous it may not tell you and you may have other problems. At minimum you need to delete the grey'd out fields on the 'selected data fields' column like the screenshot below.

2b) If the record does not have the same field names you will need to go through each of the references in the where clause, user fields, drill downs etc and update the shortnames if they are not exactly the same.  It will give you errors if they are off but it will not give you an error on your Associate Name tab

3) Save, Close, Reopen and verify.. I think i've gotten everything then go back and realize I didn't so its always good to double check your changes took place. 

image.png

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the resolved button to assist others.

Christopher R Souser - Solution Architect – MSci. PA, CISSP, ITIL.