cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the Prognosis module to monitor Base24 XPNET?

08 Mountaineer

What is the Prognosis module to monitor Base24 XPNET?

What module can I use to monitor XPNET performance?

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Re: What is the Prognosis module to monitor Base24 XPNET?

Hi Jerry,

'Prognosis XPNET Manager' is the name of the module. The license code that enables it is 'BAS' in the LICENSE file. The collector process / executable file name is 'STN24'. A NonStop command like "status *, prog *.*.STN24" should verify if it is running.

If it is licensed but not running, check the PROGNOSIS configuration (through the client or with a NonStop command in the Prognosis subvolume "run ircnfutl list_conf prognosis" and check if it is turned off if there is a line like this:

SET RUN  (STN24, NO)

Then, in the Prognosis client, change 'NO' to 'YES' and click Start to apply that change which should make the Prognosis process manager try to start it up immediately.

If:

Licensed: Yes

Running: Yes

Then configuration can be reviewed / applied. Here is the Help documentation for configuration:

Click this or select Software > Product Guides (online help) > Prognosis 11.x > Prognosis for Paymen...

HTH

There is also a new collector using newer version of XPNET 3.3? forward's realtime status feed that uses a different collector than STN24. If you are on at least 3.3 and Prognosis 11.5 let us know and we can give you more information.

Christopher

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the resolved button to assist others.

Christopher R Souser - Payments and Infrastructure Consultant – MSci. PA, CISSP, ITIL.
05 Base Camper

Hi ChristopherS,

Could you please share more information related RTS collector and its configuration. Unfortunately the prognosis 11.5 product documentation has not much relevent information on this .

@Johnson 

The Realtime Feed Feature is not yet in the product, just available as an extended solution as of 11.5 and the upcoming 11.6 as far as I am aware.  If you ask your account representative about it we can get you the detail. 

Christopher

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the resolved button to assist others.

Christopher R Souser - Payments and Infrastructure Consultant – MSci. PA, CISSP, ITIL.
05 Base Camper

Thanks ChristopherS,

will get in touch with account manager 

Blog: What Optimal Transaction Performance Means

A number of our customers use Prognosis to monitor the health of their payment systems. As part of this, they monitor the transactions flowing through the system ...

Read blog