User-defined Fields for BASE24 - Binary64

Highlighted
05 Base Camper

User-defined Fields for BASE24 - Binary64

Hello,

I´m triyng to add custom fields for B24 Classic into IRSTVCOI file:

86 [8] auth.entry^tim TYPE BINARY 64 SIGNED.

94 [8] auth.exit^tim TYPE BINARY 64 SIGNED.

102 [8] auth.re^entry^tim TYPE BINARY 64 SIGNED.

But I found in B24 classic I can´t use INT64.

Is there any other way to add those fields?

Regards Gabriela

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: User-defined Fields for BASE24 - Binary64

@gridella 

I am looking into how to map these; but the Entry times are currently used in the response time calculations for example but are not in their own field.  Can you clarify the use of the why you need it since we already calculate interchange and switch repsonse times which is typically what I might expect it to be used?

InterchangeTime := TLF.AUTH.RE^ENTRY^TIM - TLF.AUTH.EXIT^TIM

ResponseTime := TLF.HEAD.DAT^TIM - TLF.AUTH.ENTRY^TIM

Thanks

Christopher

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the resolved button to assist others.

Christopher R Souser - Solution Architect – MSci. PA, CISSP, ITIL.
Highlighted
05 Base Camper

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for your answer.

We need to add those fields into transaction detail table, because we suspect that some transactions are not saving those fields correctly, and that cause that "Switch Response time" field display wrong time values. So we need to identify the problem to request development team to fix it.

Regards Gabriela

Highlighted

@gridella 

I checked with our developers and product team and this would have to be done via enhancement of a peice of code or hard coded to a user field that translates the INT64 timestamp into a readable string within the user field.

As you pointed out INT32 exists for User Field mappings, but not INT64 or a Timestamp translation.   As mentioned above INT64 wouldn't make it very user friendly to do but I am told it would be minimal effort to add to Base24 classic and while there potentially also adding a Timestamp key.  

The question is though how urgently do you require it? You are in service engagement right now so we might be able to do a change order to cover this for you.

Christopher

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the resolved button to assist others.

Christopher R Souser - Solution Architect – MSci. PA, CISSP, ITIL.
Highlighted
05 Base Camper

Hi Chris,

It's not urgent, so please let me know how we can request the modify. Regardigng the field format, translation to timestamp format will be better to figure out which transactions records are not being saved as spected.

Thanks for your help.

Gabriela

Webinar: Top Ten Predictions in Retail Payments for 2020

Join IR, Celent and your peers as we discuss the top ten predictions for retail payments in 2020 and how evolving your payment solutions will help you stay ahead of your customers’ expectations ...

Join Webinar
Top Liked Members