cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prognosis Web is presenting intervals gaps in graphs

Highlighted
08 Mountaineer

Prognosis Web is presenting intervals gaps in graphs

Prognosis Web is presenting intervals gaps in graphs of one minute intervals. Within the event viewer of the server there is no event relate to memory. The re resources are below 50% of usage. It still keeps doing gaps of data. At the moment we have not restarted the server in order to identify the root cause of this issue.

Any guideline to aproach this behaviour ?

Regardspweb.pngdata gaps

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Prognosis Web is presenting intervals gaps in graphs

@Jeremy 

At one minute intervals I wouldn't think this should be happening at any interval.

A couple of key things to look for are:

1) You have already checked memory limits, but on which server? Have you checked for memory Limit errors on the web server and monitoring node server for IRPQLSRV and NETRTR and your IRTXNCOL?

2) Errors in the Prognosis\WebUI\IIS\Logs\PrognosisAdminLog.txt

3) Errors in the Prognosis\WebUI\IIS\Logs\PrognosisUILog.txt which may point you to one of the other logs in the same directory. All of the logs except this one should be very very small. 

4) You are obviously using a custom display at 3 hours; are you just using the ASSOCIATE of "TOTAL" or are you using something else? You should only be using the ASSOCIATE of total.. if you are using another one this is inefficent.

5) Have you modified this for the view to be persistent?

Christopher

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the resolved button to assist others.

Christopher R Souser - Sr. Services Solution Engineer, Payments & Infrastructure – MSci. PA, CISSP, ITIL.
08 Mountaineer

Hi Chris;

Just to confirm, do the RPQLSRV and NETRTR and IRTXNCOL have a configurable memory limit in windows?

On the Web server these are the current resource stats(Task Manager):

IRPQLSRV 210MB with CPU usage of 1 to 13 percent

IRNETRTR = n/a

IRTXNCOL = n/a

On the App server these are the current resource stats(Task Manager):

IRPQLSRV 452MB with CPU usage of 5 to 22 percent

IRNETRTR = n/a

IRTXNCOL = n/a

On both servers the prognosis configuration is the same for the following:

IRPQLSRV  SET MEM-SIZE ( IRPQLSRV.EXE, 4096 )

IRNETRTR SET MEM-SIZE ( IRNETRTR.EXE, 4096 )

Regards;

Gerardo 

@Jerry 

Yes every Prognosis service can have a configurable memory limit, even if they do not have one in the default Prognosis subsys.  

I should have asked, are these GAPs isolated to this one graph or all together?

Are you seeing errors in your WVLOG on the Nonstop?

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the resolved button to assist others.

Christopher R Souser - Sr. Services Solution Engineer, Payments & Infrastructure – MSci. PA, CISSP, ITIL.
08 Mountaineer

@ChristopherS 

The last event in the WVLOG files in the NonStop es dated 2019-01-03 16:59:22. So the is no error event recorded for the gaps. In the web view we have only one historic graph, therfore we do not know if only that display is affected.

Is there anothe point that we need to see in order to identify the cause? For example, do we need to look into the IIS memory configuration?

Regards

Jerry

@Jerry 

Probably best you put in a support case if you havent already and include an IRFAX for the web server as well as the nonstop the data is coming from. 

No this wouldn't be related to IIS.

You have my email; drop me a message with the case number once in.

Blog: What Optimal Transaction Performance Means

A number of our customers use Prognosis to monitor the health of their payment systems. As part of this, they monitor the transactions flowing through the system ...

Read blog