cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Column Color at Start of Day / Hour

Re: Changing Column Color at Start of Day / Hour

I tried and learned but not found a way to do what is needed.

Most importantly, even if the condition is met, the bars (or any chart) would change the color for entire series and not for a given bar (or interval). So even if we made the logic work, you would see the whole chart go one color at beginning of day, but back to normal afterwards. In other words, we don't have a way to change color properties of a chart just for one interval.

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
05 Base Camper

That was what occurred for me as well. Thank you for looking into it.

Hi Garrett,

I had another go at it and this is the best we can do, given the limitations; not sure if it serves you a purpose or not.

Basically idea is to have 2 chart series, one always showing 0 and other showing the actual value. Series switch the values at the beginning of (day/hour etc) and hence you get the boundaries. Drawback is that since one series is always showing 0, you have spaces between the bars. Rename the dpy.txt to dpy and have a look at how I achieved this. Any questions let me know.

chart.png

Chart-Props.dpy_.txt

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
05 Base Camper

I believe I can make this work. Thanks very much.
Blog: What Optimal Transaction Performance Means

A number of our customers use Prognosis to monitor the health of their payment systems. As part of this, they monitor the transactions flowing through the system ...

Read blog