cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Column Color at Start of Day / Hour

05 Base Camper

Changing Column Color at Start of Day / Hour

Could someone explain the correct syntax to do so? Does the value for CollectionIntervalStartHour/Day evaluate to a true / false condition? I tried to find this in the help, but I haven't become an expert at navigating it as of yet.

2017-12-07-16_37_45-CCPROG-Remote-Desktop-Connection-Manager-v2.7.png
2017-12-07-16_41_38-CCPROG-Remote-Desktop-Connection-Manager-v2.7.png
13 REPLIES 13
05 Base Camper

Re: Changing Column Color at Start of Day / Hour

Apparently not. I may have made some progress here [META.INTERVALEND = StartOfHour], but any guidance is appreciated.

Hi Garrett,

you did not explain what exactly you are trying to achieve?

To use these meta fields, I suggest that you create a 'user defined' field of type Timestamp and put one of these meta fields as the value under 'Calculated' button.

Then you can see exactly what each field's value is. That would make it much easier to understand and then utilize in conditions.

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
05 Base Camper

This display is for two weeks of data. I want to change the bar color at the beginning of each new day. It was suggested that using one of the CollectionInterval fields would accomplish this, but I'm not sure how to go about doing so. 2017-12-08-09_11_07-PROG-MONITORS-2.pilotcorp.net-PROG-MONITORS-2-VNC-Viewer.png

2017-12-08-09_13_41-CCPROG-Remote-Desktop-Connection-Manager-v2.7.png

05 Base Camper

I believe I've figured it out.

META.INTERVALSTARTHOUR = META.INTERVALSTART
META.INTERVALSTARTDAY = META.INTERVALSTART

Excellent.

I was also playing with these and easiest way was to put them into user defined field, then I was able to see what exactly each field contained. Glad you figured it out Smiley Happy

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
05 Base Camper

Thanks. I couldn't get them to display in the user defined field with the graph, so I added them to the legend.

It still isn't quite working as expected. If it were the highlighted row [at 13:00] would be orange. The logic works, because if I refresh the client at the start of the hour it turns orange, but it doesn't actively change the two. 2017-12-08-13_32_46-PROG-MONITORS-2.pilotcorp.net-PROG-MONITORS-2-VNC-Viewer.png

2017-12-08-13_35_32-CCPROG-Remote-Desktop-Connection-Manager-v2.7.png

Ok, I'll try something myself as well and let you know what works (if it works).

What is your collection interval? Basically you want the bar to be of different color every begging of the hour?

Thanks,
Shoaib
05 Base Camper

It's a one minute interval. That's correct.

There's also a graph showing a two week period with a 1 hour interval on the dashboard which is my primary concern as I'm trying to use the bar color to separate the day, but it's difficult to test with. 1 hour per test is 'more' convenient.
05 Base Camper

Did you have any luck with this?
Blog: What Optimal Transaction Performance Means

A number of our customers use Prognosis to monitor the health of their payment systems. As part of this, they monitor the transactions flowing through the system ...

Read blog