cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Base24POSTransactionSummary - Same data field name multiple times in a display document

Highlighted
05 Base Camper

Base24POSTransactionSummary - Same data field name multiple times in a display document

Good Morning!

We are trying to configure a display document(Tabular format) where we wanted to configure same column twice or thrice. Reason being is to show the count for each value. For example,In Base24POSTransactionSummary - We wanted to show the total count TransactionCode = 10 in one column and total count of TransactionCode = 11 in another column for a particular Issuer FIID or in general. Is there a way to do it? 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Base24POSTransactionSummary - Same data field name multiple times in a display document

Hi,

Interesting question. A tabular display of Base24POSTransactionSummary (B24POS) record with INTERCHG+TRANCODE associate name should look like this.

IssuerFIID

TransactionCode

Transactions

A

xxxx

A

xxxx

B

xxxx

B

xxxx

(where "xxxx" is various numbers of transactions).

Are you interested in it looking more like this?

IssuerFIID

Transaction Code 10

Transaction Code 11

A

xxxx

xxxx

B

xxxx

xxxx

Highlighted
05 Base Camper

Re: Base24POSTransactionSummary - Same data field name multiple times in a display document

Hello Gerald, 

I was able to achieve the first format where the transaction count comes in each row. I am trying out ways to achieve the second format that you have mentioned where the transaction count appears in each column for a specific institution. So far i have managed to pull out the following format like below using the user defined fields under data field Name, 

Institution FIID TC (10) TC (11)
A xxx (blank)
A (Blank) xxx
B xxx (blank)
B (Blank) xxx

I have tried custom combine and combine by fields both did not give the result i was expecting. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi,

You've tried all the right things of a combine to get 1 row per Institution FIID, and user defined fields. Unfortunately it turns out that in this situation these features cannot achieve the table format you need according to my testing. I can recommend the IR Consulting  / Professional Services teams who should be able to achieve this tabular format with more advanced techniques. Please reach out to your IR Account Manager  if you would like to pursue this further.

HTH

Highlighted
05 Base Camper

Hello Gerald,

Thanks for the update. 

Let me check with the team internally and request them to raise it up with "IR Consulting  / Professional Services teams" for futher assitance if more action is required. 

Thanks again. 

Highlighted

@NETS  @GeraldC1 

Yes this is expected behavior as one unfortunately cannot do calculations across multiple rows of data within the IRGUI even when using the Associate ISSRNET+TRANCODE because the data appears on different rows.

The services team has a lot more tools available to it accomplish what you are wanting; IF  you know PQL and Extractors you could actually use a PQL CASE statement I believe.

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the resolved button to assist others.

Christopher R Souser - Sr. Services Solution Engineer, Payments & Infrastructure – MSci. PA, CISSP, ITIL.
05 Base Camper

@ChristopherS , thanks for the feedback. We are not familiar with the PQL and extractors. From the documentation in IR portal, it looks similar to SQL. Is there any step by step guide for getting started with PQL and extractors (like a tutorial)? 

Highlighted

@NETS 

No, there is not and the two are approached separately. 

We have training services delivers on extractors, but for PQL if you look at the decks here on the community from the previous IR Summits there are some basic Intro to PQL tutorial exercises then it is really very much like MS T-SQL except there are not nearly as many functions and unfortunately not a fully functional JOIN function.

Community Forum with previous Summit Content.

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the resolved button to assist others.

Christopher R Souser - Sr. Services Solution Engineer, Payments & Infrastructure – MSci. PA, CISSP, ITIL.
Webinar: Top Ten Predictions in Retail Payments for 2020

Join IR, Celent and your peers as we discuss the top ten predictions for retail payments in 2020 and how evolving your payment solutions will help you stay ahead of your customers’ expectations ...

Join Webinar
Top Liked Members