cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the need of service PrognosisRabbitMQ in prognosis server.

Highlighted
09 Summiteer

what is the need of service PrognosisRabbitMQ in prognosis server.

Hi All,

Can anyone explain what is the need of service PrognosisRabbitMQ  in prognosis server.

We see that the service is in Automatic Stopped State in prognosis server. what is the impact if this service in stopped state.

Is it will impact any perfomance of the prognosis server ?

Thanks,

Venkatesh

1 REPLY 1

Re: what is the need of service PrognosisRabbitMQ in prognosis server.

Re: what is the need of service PrognosisRabbitMQ ?

Hi @Venkatesh

The "Prognosis Rabbit MQ" at a very high level at this time it is mainly used for Alert Queing Functionality. It was originally introduced I believe in 11.3 and then enhanced in subsequent versions.  As of right now (11.4) if you are not utilizing Alert Queueing / CI Configuration you can have the service stopped but the service does need to be installed.  

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the resolved button to assist others.

Christopher R Souser - Payments and Infrastructure Consultant – MSci. PA, CISSP, ITIL.

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the resolved button to assist others.

Christopher R Souser - Payments and Infrastructure Consultant – MSci. PA, CISSP, ITIL.
Webinar: The Journey to Microsoft Teams - Readiness Phase (part 2)

Having looked at the planning phase in session one of this series, we will turn our focus to the readiness phase. The all important technical capabilities assessment, ensuring the network, endpoints and users are adequately prepared for the move.

Hear first hand from IR's Global Head of Information Systems and Technology, Jason Schwendinger, on how he has been tackling these issues.

Join webinar