Highlighted
05 Base Camper

Windows Extractor

Good Day,

I am looking for some easy documentation to follow for the configuration of the extractor configuration.

I want to look through a log file and search and alert on certain string that occurs in a log file.

The documentation i have found is very cumbersome to understand so a simple document would be much appreciated.

Regards

Conrad

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Windows Extractor

Hi Conrad,

Not sure if the documentation you are using is the Prognosis Online. 

Online help has the detailed instructions for Extractor configuration:

https://help.prognosis.com/prognosis/117/extractor-configuration-syntax-25167200.html

https://help.prognosis.com/prognosis/117/configuration-for-the-file-extractor-25168652.html

Hope this helps.

Regards

David

Highlighted
05 Base Camper

Hi David,

Thank you for the links. I being a newbie to extractors, i was looking for something which explains the logic for the configuration with examples of a log file or command extractor that i can deploy in a lab to test.

Regards

Conrad

Highlighted

The documentation is does have most of content but agree it is a bit hard to follow. We do have a training course the runs through the basics of using thema and some examples. We do offer it onsite with labs or otherwsie we via Services can deliver it remotely. 

The easiest way is if you first write the pre-processing of the script in perl or python or something and output it into CSV.. if you do that you can use a quickstart method I use and get an extractor running pretty quickly and sometimes the user record definition takes longer than the extractor portion itself. 

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the resolved button to assist others.

Christopher R Souser - Sr. Services Solution Engineer, Payments & Infrastructure – MSci. PA, CISSP, ITIL.
Tags (1)
Webinar: Keep the modern workforce connected

Unified Communications has always been an important part of companies' digital transformation efforts due to its ability to enable rich virtual collaboration and communication. But with COVID-19, we've reached a break-through point.

Join Bill Haskins, Sr. Analyst & Partner, Unified Communications at Wainhouse Research, and John Ruthven, CEO at IR discuss UC challenges companies are experiencing due to the COVOID-19 crisis.

Join webinar