Trouble adding dvice to PI

Highlighted
05 Base Camper

Trouble adding dvice to PI

I am trying to add a device to PI (9.0.9011.0).  I also have a SNMP tool on the same machine.  From that tool I can connect to the network device no problem, however via the PI configuration tool I cannot.  Is there some kind of log somewhere that says why it cannot connect.  I am just stumped on the fact that from one tool it is fine, but from the other it is not.  I am monitoring similar devices just fine, but this one is having issues.

No such things as problems, just complex answers.
1 REPLY 1

Re: Trouble adding dvice to PI

Hello Adam,

Thanks for using PI :-)

As for your query, please try this:

1. Edit the DeviceDebug.cfg file in the PI directory (you may need to search for it)

2. Add the ip address of the device you are trying to investigate into the file, then save it

3. Restart PI

4. Check the contents of the Debug-<ip address> text file created in the root directory of the PI installation locaton

This should help you learn a bit about what's going on with that particular device.

Webinar: The Journey to Microsoft Teams - Readiness Phase (part 2)

Having looked at the planning phase in session one of this series, we will turn our focus to the readiness phase. The all important technical capabilities assessment, ensuring the network, endpoints and users are adequately prepared for the move.

Hear first hand from IR's Global Head of Information Systems and Technology, Jason Schwendinger, on how he has been tackling these issues.

Join webinar