Prognosis ODBC connection to PostregSQL database

Highlighted
06 Trekker

Prognosis ODBC connection to PostregSQL database

Attempting to setup a first time ODBC connection from a Prognosis database collection to PostgresSQL database running on another server so we can offload some data.  I'm able to get a successful connection when I test via the ODBC Data Source Administrator (64-bit) on the Prognosis server using the PostgresSQL Unicode ODBC Driver.  However, when I use same configuration for the Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) format in the Prognosis database connection, the database fails to start with error "Failed to connect to the Server". 

In the wvlog, it writes the entry (SQLSTATE 08001)FATAL: database "prognosis-odbc-test" does not exist (with prognosis-odbc-test being the name of the postgres database that we created on the server.   The database name, user name and password are identical in both the Prognosis ODBC format configuration and the ODBC Data Source Administrator configuration I can get a successful connection from.  For the Attributes entry in Prognosis I'm using the DESCRIPTION=, SERVER=, PORT= attributes which again match what used in the successful ODBC administrator test.  The user account is also configured with "Create DB" permissions in Postgres.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Tim

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Prognosis ODBC connection to PostregSQL database

Hello Tim,

I haven't had any cases summarizing to a PostGRes database.  MS SQL usually but not PostGRes. 

I did a quick internet search on that error, SQLSTATE 08001)FATAL:.  Found an article where the issue was resolved by makeing a change to the  postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf files on the postgres server.  It appears to be encryption related.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/postgresql-setup-connection-error/qaq-p/8454...

I will do some other checking to see what I can come up with, but the above article may help.

Thanks

Scot

Highlighted
06 Trekker

Thanks Scot.  I had stumbled upon a error in the wvlog earlier that pointed to an issue within the pg_hba.conf file.  Wvlog entry was "(SQLSTATE 08001)FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host "127.0.0.1", user "prognosis", database "prognosis-odbc-test", SSL off".  For testing purposes I added the line:

# TYPE DATABASE USER ADDRESS METHOD
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 trust

Highlighted
06 Trekker

Thanks Scot.  I had stumbled upon a error in the wvlog earlier that pointed to an issue within the pg_hba.conf file.  Wvlog entry was "(SQLSTATE 08001)FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host "127.0.0.1", user "prognosis", database "prognosis-odbc-test", SSL off".  I've tried experimenting with adding a couple host entries to the confi and restarting the server, but no success yet.  However, I was able to get the original (SQLSTATE 08001)FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host "127.0.0.1", user "prognosis", database "prognosis-odbc-test", SSL off" error in the wvlog to go away and instead started getting the error "(SQLSTATE 08001)could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)".  I'll keep poking around and will take a look at the contents of the posgresql.conf file as well.

Tim

Webinar: Keep the modern workforce connected

Unified Communications has always been an important part of companies' digital transformation efforts due to its ability to enable rich virtual collaboration and communication. But with COVID-19, we've reached a break-through point.

Join Bill Haskins, Sr. Analyst & Partner, Unified Communications at Wainhouse Research, and John Ruthven, CEO at IR discuss UC challenges companies are experiencing due to the COVOID-19 crisis.

Join webinar
Top Liked Members