Prognosis FileMgr threshold

Highlighted
05 Base Camper

Prognosis FileMgr threshold

Hi,

I am using the filemanager configuration and threshold on Prognosis to monitor the modified time of a directory as below.

MODIFYTS < (CurrentTime - 1 Hours )

I need to add a further 30 minutes to the formule but it wil not accept.

MODIFYTS < (CurrentTime - (1 Hours  + 30 Minutes )

MODIFYTS < (CurrentTime - 1.5 Hours )

OR

MODIFYTS < (CurrentTime - 90 Minutes )

is there a better way of doing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Prognosis FileMgr threshold

Hi Conrad,

If I am understanding correctly, you would like a WHERE clause which will show you all files that have been modified within the past 90 minutes.

If that is the case, then the following WHERE clause will be sufficiant to show you the relevant row data:

MODIFYTS > (CurrentTime  - 1 HOURS  - 30 MINUTES)

I have attached an image showing the WHERE clause filtering out the row data based on the Last Modified Time.

If that is not the case I apologize. Can you then provide additional information about the problem you are experiencing?

I also recommend creating a new display using the Prognosis Client and using the where clause to further troubleshoot the data that you want to alert on.

Help documentation on creating displays can be found here:

https://help.prognosis.com/prognosis/116/displays-25173345.html

and threshold documents can be found here:

https://help.prognosis.com/prognosis/116/thresholds-25173707.html

(please note that this is 11.6 documentation and may be out-of-date depending on your version of Prognosis)

HTH

Kind Regards,

Harrison Cook

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Hello Conrad_Lemos,

Thank you for your time.

This condition will work but was missing the last closing brace to make it valid.

Before:

MODIFYTS < (CurrentTime - (1 Hours + 30 Minutes )

After:

MODIFYTS < (CurrentTime - (1 Hours + 30 Minutes ) )

Adding this closing brace should validate the WHERE clause parameter in your threshold.

HTH

Kind Regards,

Harrison Cook

Highlighted

Highlighted
05 Base Camper

Hi Harison,

i did have the correct syntax in my display however in the note i made a type. the where command is accepted however it does not work as it pulls out the current value of the modified time f the directory.

I then changed it to below and that does not seem to be adding the extra 30 minutes as i still get the random failures i was getting with the one hour where clause.

MODIFYTS < (( CurrentTime - 1 Hours )+(CurrentTime - 30 Minutes )- CurrentTime )

Regards

Conrad

Highlighted

Hi Conrad,

If I am understanding correctly, you would like a WHERE clause which will show you all files that have been modified within the past 90 minutes.

If that is the case, then the following WHERE clause will be sufficiant to show you the relevant row data:

MODIFYTS > (CurrentTime  - 1 HOURS  - 30 MINUTES)

I have attached an image showing the WHERE clause filtering out the row data based on the Last Modified Time.

If that is not the case I apologize. Can you then provide additional information about the problem you are experiencing?

I also recommend creating a new display using the Prognosis Client and using the where clause to further troubleshoot the data that you want to alert on.

Help documentation on creating displays can be found here:

https://help.prognosis.com/prognosis/116/displays-25173345.html

and threshold documents can be found here:

https://help.prognosis.com/prognosis/116/thresholds-25173707.html

(please note that this is 11.6 documentation and may be out-of-date depending on your version of Prognosis)

HTH

Kind Regards,

Harrison Cook

View solution in original post

Webinar: Keep the modern workforce connected

Unified Communications has always been an important part of companies' digital transformation efforts due to its ability to enable rich virtual collaboration and communication. But with COVID-19, we've reached a break-through point.

Join Bill Haskins, Sr. Analyst & Partner, Unified Communications at Wainhouse Research, and John Ruthven, CEO at IR discuss UC challenges companies are experiencing due to the COVOID-19 crisis.

Join webinar