cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prognosis Client error "Display has been deactivated by system." - how to refresh in place?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Prognosis Client error "Display has been deactivated by system." - how to refresh in place?

I get this error in all my open displays in my GUI thick client after it reconnected to the Prognosis server (such as after a Prognosis server restart). How can I quickly easily refresh the displays without having to re-open the displays or GUI? I have a select set of displays already open and it would save me some trouble if I don't have to go back into the document navigator to find and re-open them manually again.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Re: Prognosis Client error "Display has been deactivated by system." - how to refresh in p

The full error looks like this and is displayed in every pane in every open display in the GUI:

Display: [display name]
Display has been deactivated by system. 
All views configured in your display must have been deleted by 
the system so the display can not remain active.
The most likely cause is that you have disconnected your GUI and re-connected to a different node and recrod definitions have been re-loaded, thereby invalidating any existing views based on the previously loaded definitions.

Here is a short video on a quick way to refresh all display panes in a display all at once and avoid having to refresh one by one or close, find and re-open the display.

HTH
Tags (1)
Webinar: The Journey to Microsoft Teams - Readiness Phase (part 2)

Having looked at the planning phase in session one of this series, we will turn our focus to the readiness phase. The all important technical capabilities assessment, ensuring the network, endpoints and users are adequately prepared for the move.

Hear first hand from IR's Global Head of Information Systems and Technology, Jason Schwendinger, on how he has been tackling these issues.

Join webinar