cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prognosis 11.9 What causes multiple "Memory routines error Err=12, size730296" in WV.log file

Alain
06 Trekker

Prognosis 11.9 What causes multiple "Memory routines error Err=12, size730296" in WV.log file

Prognosis 11.9 What causes multiple "Memory routines error Err=12, size=730296" in WV.log file730296" in WV.log file.

I also found "Memory routines error Err=12, size5574" and "Memory routines error Err=12, size=18555".

2 REPLIES 2
SCOTT_BALDWIN
Expert

Re: Prognosis 11.9 What causes multiple "Memory routines error Err=12, size730296" in WV.log file

Hello @Alain,

"Memory routines error" in the wvlog indicates an issue with the OS being able to allocate requested memory for the Prognosis Platform process. The Prognosis process with an issue should be part of the wvlog message before the "Memory routines error" statement.

Some of the more common fixes are below:

• Make sure the machine is not running low on RAM &/or pagefile space.
  • Reboot the machine (Windows and Linux).
  • Too many nodes being monitored by a single Prognosis instance. Fix is to split the monitored devices to more Prognosis instances.
  • Custom Analyst or Thresholds could be doing something to pull in to much data as part of the Condition resulting in requesting more memory than irAUTOAN.exe is allowed. (i.e. using EntireNetwork, pulling in all fields of a record instead of just the ones needed...)

If the above do not resolve the "Memory routines error" messages in the wvlog, please log a Support case.

Thank you,

Scott Baldwin

Alain
06 Trekker

Re: Prognosis 11.9 What causes multiple "Memory routines error Err=12, size730296" in WV.log file

Hi Scott

Thanks for your reply. I watched the VM performance under the Task Manager and I noticed the Handles was very to hight. After rebooted the VM all works very find.

Webinar: Keep the modern workforce connected

Unified Communications has always been an important part of companies' digital transformation efforts due to its ability to enable rich virtual collaboration and communication. But with COVID-19, we've reached a break-through point.

Join Bill Haskins, Sr. Analyst & Partner, Unified Communications at Wainhouse Research, and John Ruthven, CEO at IR discuss UC challenges companies are experiencing due to the COVOID-19 crisis.

Join webinar