cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No alerts on All PBXes display after moving thresholds to management server

Highlighted
05 Base Camper

No alerts on All PBXes display after moving thresholds to management server

Due to the nature of our environment we have many monitoring nodes and a main monitoring node. It was recommended that we have the thresholds run on the management node instead of the monitoring nodes to reduce the administrative overhead of updating threshold to our standard on multiple monitoring nodes.

After doing so, the All PBXes display and All UCCE Instances display are show 0 alerts and 0 alarms for all instances. I made a display with just the IpTelephonyGenericRecord to show all records and fields and those are showing 0 for the alerts and alarms so it appears that these records are no longer holding the count of associated alerts when the thresholds are running on the management node.

An interesting thing, however, is that the All Alerts display is showing alerts for these different nodes and ones that happened after I moved the thresholds.

Has anyone run into this? Should we be doing something differently?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Re: No alerts on All PBXes display after moving thresholds to management server

If I understand correctly it sounds like the thresholds are triggering alerts successfully. I believe the alerts/alarms in the All PBXs display (IPTGEN record) are obtained from the monitored appliances. They're not Prognosis alerts from the thresholds.

HTH

Re: No alerts on All PBXes display after moving thresholds to management server

Hi Jeff,

I have ownership of the case you opened.  we checked the "Nodes to Run On" setting and it was set to the right node.  We will troubleshoot further on our upcoming call on monday morning.

Scot

Webinar: The Journey to Microsoft Teams - Readiness Phase (part 2)

Having looked at the planning phase in session one of this series, we will turn our focus to the readiness phase. The all important technical capabilities assessment, ensuring the network, endpoints and users are adequately prepared for the move.

Hear first hand from IR's Global Head of Information Systems and Technology, Jason Schwendinger, on how he has been tackling these issues.

Join webinar