1. Stop the Prognosis Service (ensure Service comes to a FULL stop)
2. Navigate to :\Prognosis\Server\Configuration\
3. Rename your current license file at that location to license.old
4. Insert the new license
5. Start the Prognosis Service
Non-Stop Server (coming soon)
Linux Server (coming soon)
NonStop and Linux Coming Soon??????? This post was updated last in MARCH of 2020... Soon??? When will there be an update to this KB???
We have included instructions in the Product Guide that outline how to update the license files on Prognosis, although these are fairly generic.
You can find these steps under the heading "Updated Licenses on an existing installation" on this page.
I would use a slightly different order if you're doing this while Prognosis is currently running, mainly to try and minimise any down-time:
1. FTP your new license files in ASCII format to a temporary subvol on the NonStop - E.g. $<vol>.TMPLIC
2. Volume into the Prognosis subvol and rename any existing license files by adding an 'o' to the end of the file name by executing the following:
3. Volume into $<vol>.TMPLIC and copy your new license files into the Prognosis subvol:
4. Finally, volume into the Prognosis subvol and execute the following to Stop/Start Prognosis and pick up the new licensing:
Linux/Unix would be a similar process (just different commands):
1. FTP your new license files in ASCII format to a temporary directory (or copying them via SMB) - E.g. ~/temp
2. Rename any existing license files in the <path>/Prognosis/server/configuration directory by adding a '.old' file extension to the end e.g.:
3. Copy your new license files into the Prognosis subvol:
4. Finally, cd into the <path>/Prognosis/server directory and exucute the following to Stop/Start Prognosis and pick up the new licensing:
If you would rather have a short video that demonstrates these steps, please let me know and we can include these in this post as well. I hope this helps!
Unified Communications has always been an important part of companies' digital transformation efforts due to its ability to enable rich virtual collaboration and communication. But with COVID-19, we've reached a break-through point.
Join Bill Haskins, Sr. Analyst & Partner, Unified Communications at Wainhouse Research, and John Ruthven, CEO at IR discuss UC challenges companies are experiencing due to the COVOID-19 crisis.Join webinar