cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRTEACLI command fail

Alain
08 Mountaineer

IRTEACLI command fail

The IRTEACLI command fail to copy file that contain space in the name. See example below.

I tried to fill the space with *, ?, % ... but it still fail. See example 2 below.

The IRTERACLI command work if I remove the space in the name but I want to use the command without modify the file name.

Is there any way to do it? 

E:\Prognosis\Server\Configuration>..\irteacli put \ServerName\Analysts\RollUpAnalyst on ServerName.aa on \ServerName

E:\Prognosis\Server\Configuration>..\irteacli put \ServerName\Analysts\RollUpAnalyst*on*ServerName.aa on \ServerName

Best regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SCOTT_BALDWIN
Expert

Re: IRTEACLI command fail

Hello @Alain,

If the file name has a space, then double quotes are needed for Windows to understand the space as part of the name.

This worked in my lab:

• Open a CMD window open to the E:\Prognosis\Server\Configuration directory.
  • If the full path to the local file is E:\Prognosis\Server\Configuration\ServerName\Analysts and you would like the file put in the \Prognosis\Server\Configuration directory of the target server, use this syntax:
    ..\irteacli put "\ServerName\Analysts\RollUpAnalyst on ServerName.aa" on \ServerName

If the above doesn't work, please open a Support case for more detailed investigation.

Thank you,
Scott Baldwin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SCOTT_BALDWIN
Expert

Hello @Alain,

If the file name has a space, then double quotes are needed for Windows to understand the space as part of the name.

This worked in my lab:

• Open a CMD window open to the E:\Prognosis\Server\Configuration directory.
  • If the full path to the local file is E:\Prognosis\Server\Configuration\ServerName\Analysts and you would like the file put in the \Prognosis\Server\Configuration directory of the target server, use this syntax:
    ..\irteacli put "\ServerName\Analysts\RollUpAnalyst on ServerName.aa" on \ServerName

If the above doesn't work, please open a Support case for more detailed investigation.

Thank you,
Scott Baldwin

Alain
08 Mountaineer

Yes that true, and that works fine.
Thanks Scott

Webinar: Keep the modern workforce connected

Unified Communications has always been an important part of companies' digital transformation efforts due to its ability to enable rich virtual collaboration and communication. But with COVID-19, we've reached a break-through point.

Join Bill Haskins, Sr. Analyst & Partner, Unified Communications at Wainhouse Research, and John Ruthven, CEO at IR discuss UC challenges companies are experiencing due to the COVOID-19 crisis.

Join webinar
Top Liked Members