cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pull alert report from prognosis from monthly basis.

Highlighted
10 Guide

How to pull alert report from prognosis from monthly basis.

Hello Team,

How to locate old alerts (atleast 2months) and how to pull them in reports in monthly basis.

Regards,

Phani

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How to pull alert report from prognosis from monthly basis.

Hello Phani,

Could you give us some more detail?  Are you looking at a link from the Reports page on the web interface or one of the alerting displays from the Windows client?

knowing which display you are looking hat can help us find out the source of the data you are looking at

Thanks

10 Guide

Hello Scot,

irrespective of alerts like , Closed and open alerts. We need report for all the alerts triggered atleast from last two months, As we are managing multiple customers , we need to submit alert report for the each customer on monthly basis.

Specific tab on the reports menu is very help ful.

Regards,

Phani

05 Base Camper

I believe you'll only be able to retrieve this information from a custom database collection. You can build one yourself and make sure to collect the PROBSUM and PROBSUMC record.

More information on databases collection : /Prognosis_11-4/mergedProjects/System_Functions/HTML_Files/Database_Collections/DbCollection-Contents.htm (unfortunately I can't link the IR online help as they now protect it using dynamic hashes to restrict the access).

To actually build your report, you could then either build a report within Prognosis, using a replay display for instance, or export the alarms to an external database (any ODBC compliant database like MySQL, Oracle, etc...).

As far as I know, out of the box, Prognosis doesn't run any database that collects the PROBSUM and PROBSUMC records so you could also rely on the Prognosis PROBSUMC cache, which stores the recently closed alarms.

I personally wouldn't use this as there's no way to tell how long an alarm will be stored in there, could be 3 months, could be 5 days depending on the total volume of alarms your Prognosis servers generate.

Tags (2)
Webinar: The Journey to Microsoft Teams - Readiness Phase (part 2)

Having looked at the planning phase in session one of this series, we will turn our focus to the readiness phase. The all important technical capabilities assessment, ensuring the network, endpoints and users are adequately prepared for the move.

Hear first hand from IR's Global Head of Information Systems and Technology, Jason Schwendinger, on how he has been tackling these issues.

Join webinar