How many nodes can my managing node connect to?

Highlighted

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How many nodes can my managing node connect to?

Prognosis to Prognosis connections are limited by the number of nodes the license you're using caters for. For example, If you have a managing node and monitoring node, you will need to be licensed for a minimum of 2.

numnodes = 1 (self connection)
numnodes = 2 (managing node and monitoring node)
numnodes = 20 (20 total nodes including managing node)

If you're planning to add another node to your Prognosis environment, or are just curious to know what you're licensed for, you can use the WEBUI to check in just a few steps.

Step 1. Log in to WEBUI.

Step 2. Click "Prognosis status" in the infrastructure tab.

Step 3. Click the "+" next to your node in the listing of nodes in the adjacent panel

Step 4. Click "Licenses"

Step 5. Check the "Max Nodes Licensed" field in "System Details"

This is what it looks like:

Untitleddddd.png

The value shown is the current limit for your license. If you'd like to expand the number of Prognosis systems beyond your current limit, you can always reach out to your IR account manager.

HTH

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: How many nodes can my managing node connect to?

Prognosis to Prognosis connections are limited by the number of nodes the license you're using caters for. For example, If you have a managing node and monitoring node, you will need to be licensed for a minimum of 2.

numnodes = 1 (self connection)
numnodes = 2 (managing node and monitoring node)
numnodes = 20 (20 total nodes including managing node)

If you're planning to add another node to your Prognosis environment, or are just curious to know what you're licensed for, you can use the WEBUI to check in just a few steps.

Step 1. Log in to WEBUI.

Step 2. Click "Prognosis status" in the infrastructure tab.

Step 3. Click the "+" next to your node in the listing of nodes in the adjacent panel

Step 4. Click "Licenses"

Step 5. Check the "Max Nodes Licensed" field in "System Details"

This is what it looks like:

Untitleddddd.png

The value shown is the current limit for your license. If you'd like to expand the number of Prognosis systems beyond your current limit, you can always reach out to your IR account manager.

HTH

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
Webinar: Keep the modern workforce connected

Unified Communications has always been an important part of companies' digital transformation efforts due to its ability to enable rich virtual collaboration and communication. But with COVID-19, we've reached a break-through point.

Join Bill Haskins, Sr. Analyst & Partner, Unified Communications at Wainhouse Research, and John Ruthven, CEO at IR discuss UC challenges companies are experiencing due to the COVOID-19 crisis.

Join webinar