cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I export IRCMD a Database or Threshold Configuration from the file without starting it?

Highlighted

How can I export IRCMD a Database or Threshold Configuration from the file without starting it?

I know that you can perform an IRCMD LIST on any started database collection, summary, or any running threshold for example.  I am failing to find in the documentation how to export directly though from the .DBC, .DBS, or .THR file without having to start the configuration first.

There are several circumstances where I just need to export (such as moving between versions or doing quick edits) that I cannot start it first on a system.

So what is syntax (if it exists) to be able to turn a non-running Prognosis IRGUI file into a IRCMD formatted file?

Conversely, is there a way to take a IRCMD formatted input file back into a .DBC, .DBS, or .THR file without first starting it?

Christopher

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the resolved button to assist others.

Christopher R Souser - Payments and Infrastructure Consultant – MSci. PA, CISSP, ITIL.
1 REPLY

Re: How can I export IRCMD a Database or Threshold Configuration from the file without starting it?

Hello Christopher,

Steps to create a text configuration file from a Prognosis .DBC, .DBS, or .THR file:

1. On a Windows system, open a CMD window.
  2. Navigate to the \Prognosis\User Interface directory.
  3. Run the following command: irgui -ircmd "<DirectoryTree\FileName>" -o <directory_NO_filename>

Example: irgui -ircmd "C:\Prognosis\User Interface\Knowledge\IP Telephony Manager\Avaya\Thresholds\AV-Alerts.thr" -o "C:\temp"

The above process should create a text file with the same name as the source file, but ending with a ".pcmd" extension.

If the source file is from a newer version of Prognosis than the irgui.exe, then this process will likely fail.

Example: Threshold.thr is from Prognosis 11.5 and the irgui.exe is from Prognosis 11.4

Thank you,

Scott Baldwin