Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Events across multiple timed threshold

Highlighted
05 Base Camper

Events across multiple timed threshold

Hello,

What should happen when a threshold with a time of day criteria has an open event and the period ends?  And what happens if a similar threshold but for the following time period exists but with say the same criteria?

Should it:

• The original event will stay open and retrigger for the next period, leaving me with two events?
  • The original even will close, and the new event will retrigger for the new period?
  • The original event will stay open and the new event period trigger will not open because it has the same criteria other than timeframe?
  • Other

Thanks,

Henry

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: Events across multiple timed threshold

Hi Henry

Like "EVT_TEXT CONTAINS "blah" and  EVT_TIME >  CurrentTime - 2  Minutes " for example?

If Off Event is enabled then this would trigger an open event which closes 2 minutes later.

Further info in this article:

System Functions > Thresholds > General Information > HISTORICAL Records

HTH

05 Base Camper

I've attached 2 thresholds that covers events different time frames.

Threshold 1 covers events from 00:00 to 02:00

Threshold 2 covers events from 02:00 to 04:00

When an event triggered an on event at 01:59:30 and then it should trigger an off event at 02:00:30?

Should it:

• The original event will stay open and retrigger for the next period, leaving me with two events?
  • The original even will close, and the new event will retrigger for the new period?
  • The original event will stay open and the new event period trigger will not open because it has the same criteria other than timeframe?
  • Other

Event over 2 thresholds.jpg

@HenryH,

the Time of Day is applicable to ON event, so if an OFF event is triggered after the 00  - 02 window, it should just close the ticket.

Now if the same condition is true again, you should see a new alert generated by 02 - 04 condition.

What behavior are you seeing?

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
Webinar: The Journey to Microsoft Teams - Readiness Phase (part 2)

Having looked at the planning phase in session one of this series, we will turn our focus to the readiness phase. The all important technical capabilities assessment, ensuring the network, endpoints and users are adequately prepared for the move.

Hear first hand from IR's Global Head of Information Systems and Technology, Jason Schwendinger, on how he has been tackling these issues.

Join webinar