cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate record in name list

Duplicate record in name list

Description:  Duplicate record in name list (PAUDLOG).  User is unable to launch the irgui.exe - Windows Thich Client GUI

Analysis: 

• If you try to launch irgui.exe, it pops up real quick for a second then disappears without any error as seen below.
  • Also notice that Prognosis is still running, which is different then most instances when the irgui.exe won't launch
  • If you also navigate to \Prognosis\User Interface directory>wvlog.txt, this is additionaly, where you can see these errors.  The normal default route for wvlog.txt is \Prognosis\server\Configuration folder.  It will not show any helpful information for this issue of not being able to launch the GUI

2nd screenshot.png

screenshot of issue.png

The record definition “C:\Prognosis\User Interface\prgnrec.def" and Prgncnf.def  are "bad.

•  The Prognosis record definition file “C:\Prognosis\Server\Configuration\prgnrec.dld” is created based on all the record   definition data in folder “C:\Prognosis\Server\Configuration\Record Definitions”.
  •  Then when GUI connects to a Prognosis server, the record definition of that Prognosis server  (“C:\Prognosis\Server\Configuration\prgnrec.dld”) would be downloaded to the User interface directory ( “C:\Prognosis\User  Interface\prgnrec.def”).
  • So "C:\Prognosis\Server\Configuration\prgnrec.dld" and "C:\Prognosis\User Interface\prgnrec.def" would be identical.
Resolution:
1. Navigate to Prognosis\UserInterface
2. Rename the 2 files from Prgncnf.def & prgnrec.def to Prgncnf.def.old & prgnrec.def.old
3. Move the new Prgncnf.def & prgnrec.def (from another successful patched server or ask Support for a fresh set out of the box) to Prognosis\UserInterface
4. Launch the GUI
If my answer helped you today, please give my post a like and be sure to mark the 'Accept Solution' button to help others find the answer!
Cheers
Andy Gjertsen
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Duplicate record in name list

Resolution:
2. Rename the 2 files from Prgncnf.def & prgnrec.def to Prgncnf.def.old & prgnrec.def.old
3. Move the new Prgncnf.def & prgnrec.def (from another successful patched server or ask Support for a fresh set out of the box) to Prognosis\UserInterface
4. Launch the GUI
If my answer helped you today, please give my post a like and be sure to mark the 'Accept Solution' button to help others find the answer!
Cheers
Andy Gjertsen

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Duplicate record in name list

Resolution:
4. Launch the GUI
Cheers
Andy Gjertsen
Webinar: Keep the modern workforce connected

Unified Communications has always been an important part of companies' digital transformation efforts due to its ability to enable rich virtual collaboration and communication. But with COVID-19, we've reached a break-through point.

Join Bill Haskins, Sr. Analyst & Partner, Unified Communications at Wainhouse Research, and John Ruthven, CEO at IR discuss UC challenges companies are experiencing due to the COVOID-19 crisis.

Join webinar
Top Liked Members