cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Prognosis need to use "administrator" Windows login to login into Prognosis?

Support_Sydney

Does Prognosis need to use "administrator" Windows login to login into Prognosis?

Can it login by normal user? and how can I manage it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GeraldC1
Community Manager

Re: Does Prognosis need to use "administrator" Windows login to login into Prognosis?

Good question. Generally Prognosis should not need to use "administrator" Windows login and any normal user Windows login should be OK to login into Prognosis. However it does depend on how Prognosis is set up. Here are some pointers for how to manage it.

Authentication into Prognosis interfaces (Web UI, thick Client) is by a Windows login account. Prognosis passes the login request to the underlying Windows environment that the Prognosis server is in.
Out of box this is:

• A local user on the Windows server or an Active Directory domain user. However Prognosis can also be set up to use LDAP or ADFS (for Web UI single sign on) instead.
  • Allowed for all Windows login accounts. However Prognosis can be set up to allow only specific groups using the AllowedGroup in the prgnini.ini on the Prognosis server.

Note, after successful login authentication, there are Access control mechanisms.

• Out of box Access control allows all user logins to access all views and features but this can be restricted using the Prognosis SECURITY configuration, and using the Role Based Security in Web UI.

I hope this helps but I also recommend the following online documentation that provides more details about Authentication and Access control:
https://community.ir.com/t5/Online-Help/bg-p/Online-Help?Prognosis_11-4/mergedProjects/Operations_Se...

HTH

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GeraldC1
Community Manager

Re: Does Prognosis need to use "administrator" Windows login to login into Prognosis?

Good question. Generally Prognosis should not need to use "administrator" Windows login and any normal user Windows login should be OK to login into Prognosis. However it does depend on how Prognosis is set up. Here are some pointers for how to manage it.

Authentication into Prognosis interfaces (Web UI, thick Client) is by a Windows login account. Prognosis passes the login request to the underlying Windows environment that the Prognosis server is in.
Out of box this is:

• A local user on the Windows server or an Active Directory domain user. However Prognosis can also be set up to use LDAP or ADFS (for Web UI single sign on) instead.
  • Allowed for all Windows login accounts. However Prognosis can be set up to allow only specific groups using the AllowedGroup in the prgnini.ini on the Prognosis server.

Note, after successful login authentication, there are Access control mechanisms.

• Out of box Access control allows all user logins to access all views and features but this can be restricted using the Prognosis SECURITY configuration, and using the Role Based Security in Web UI.

I hope this helps but I also recommend the following online documentation that provides more details about Authentication and Access control:
https://community.ir.com/t5/Online-Help/bg-p/Online-Help?Prognosis_11-4/mergedProjects/Operations_Se...

HTH

View solution in original post

Webinar: Keep the modern workforce connected

Unified Communications has always been an important part of companies' digital transformation efforts due to its ability to enable rich virtual collaboration and communication. But with COVID-19, we've reached a break-through point.

Join Bill Haskins, Sr. Analyst & Partner, Unified Communications at Wainhouse Research, and John Ruthven, CEO at IR discuss UC challenges companies are experiencing due to the COVOID-19 crisis.

Join webinar