cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer concern regarding port 25672 showing in vulnerability scans

Customer concern regarding port 25672 showing in vulnerability scans

If my answer helped you today, please give my post a like and be sure to mark the 'Accept Solution' button to help others find the answer!
Cheers
Andy Gjertsen
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Customer concern regarding port 25672 showing in vulnerability scans

Description: Customer's stating that port 25672 is flagged during vulnerability scans while also regarding TLS 1.2 values is flagged as unsafe

Solution:  This has come up a few times this year and below are the solutions:

1. Per R&D, always upgrade to the latest and greatest version of Prognosis.  In a few case studies so far, the customer was on 11.6 P6 or below.  R&D recommended upgrading to  11.7,11.8 or higher at the time.  Reason being, these vulnerability scan issues tend to be addressed in latest Prognosis versions as the vulnerablity appears in the lower versions (11.6 or lower)
  2. If the customer cannot upgrade for whatever reason, then only option is to block the port 25672 using local firewall as a solution
If my answer helped you today, please give my post a like and be sure to mark the 'Accept Solution' button to help others find the answer!
Cheers
Andy Gjertsen

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Customer concern regarding port 25672 showing in vulnerability scans

Description: Customer's stating that port 25672 is flagged during vulnerability scans while also regarding TLS 1.2 values is flagged as unsafe

Solution:  This has come up a few times this year and below are the solutions:

1. Per R&D, always upgrade to the latest and greatest version of Prognosis.  In a few case studies so far, the customer was on 11.6 P6 or below.  R&D recommended upgrading to  11.7,11.8 or higher at the time.  Reason being, these vulnerability scan issues tend to be addressed in latest Prognosis versions as the vulnerablity appears in the lower versions (11.6 or lower)
  2. If the customer cannot upgrade for whatever reason, then only option is to block the port 25672 using local firewall as a solution
Cheers
Andy Gjertsen

View solution in original post

Webinar: Keep the modern workforce connected

Unified Communications has always been an important part of companies' digital transformation efforts due to its ability to enable rich virtual collaboration and communication. But with COVID-19, we've reached a break-through point.

Join Bill Haskins, Sr. Analyst & Partner, Unified Communications at Wainhouse Research, and John Ruthven, CEO at IR discuss UC challenges companies are experiencing due to the COVOID-19 crisis.

Join webinar