cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a link in a Display to edit content

05 Base Camper

Creating a link in a Display to edit content

I have a Display, in there are two Windows. The first window is a content filter for the Second Window. So if the click on 4034 the second window would take that value as 4034 as a filter in the other window.. For example, there is the Lync - User List that I am using as an example. I want to make a link (I think a Drill Down is what I want) that will apply a filter to another window in the same display. I know I have to do something with user variables too, but a little stuck. This would be a great advanced topic at the next summit.
No such things as problems, just complex answers.
5 REPLIES 5
05 Base Camper

Re: Creating a link in a Display to edit content

So I did something simple, and figured out how to pass the data around, pretty easy. I can see the title of the second window change. But when I click on it I get the following, but I don't know where to find this log DataSource Not Available See Event Detail. I looked in event viewer with no luck. I know it has something to do with my where clause because if I use the same where clause with an actual string, it works fine. ENTVCNUM CONTAINS "#DID" (tried without the quotes too) is what I want, while if I use ENTVCNUM CONTAINS "5551212" it works fine I get a list. The #DID is a Prompt that I created that I have tried with asking for Prompt and not. I also tried a match regex too. I am not sure what window is causing the alert. So to sum up: I created a list on one window that will update the title on another window, however, when I click on the link in the first window I get the error DataSource Not Available, always.
05 Base Camper

Well I figured it out and will do a write up on what I did. But I noticed one major issue with what I want to do. In the Lync/Skype, there are ONLY users, no common area phones, conference rooms, or analog devices. And as far as I can tell there is no way to do an LDAP Display Filter. If I am wrong, can somebody point me to the way of doing an LDAP. Then I could just do a global catalog search, which will work just fine, I think, if I can figure out how to make a filter to normalize numbers in telephone field, which doing a regex replacement of a userdef field I am stuck at too. If you haven't figured it out, I am trying to write a DID range manager of sorts.
Staff

Hi Adam,

This can be done by making using of prompts. It will differ depending on how your filter list is constructed, but I will try to illustrate the fundamental changes required.

Assuming the first window contains filters and the second window contains data.

In the first window:

• Create a new drilldown that will refresh the current display and substitute the selected filter into a prompt. User-defined variables are usually used here to substitute into the prompt since they can be any custom value you want.

Drilldown-prompt.PNGIn the second window:

• Add a WHERE-CLAUSE statement using the prompt to create a filter on the data displayed.

Where-clause.PNG

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

05 Base Camper

Yeah, I think I got that part figured out (I think the issue was an extra space in the where clause) because I removed the clause I had and re-did it no problems. Nothing else changed. So I am getting closer. Kind of a fun I don't want to work today project.

@AdamBerns,

if you want to share the .dpy and what/how you are using the display, we can have a look and see what you are missing.

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
Webinar: The Journey to Microsoft Teams - Readiness Phase (part 2)

Having looked at the planning phase in session one of this series, we will turn our focus to the readiness phase. The all important technical capabilities assessment, ensuring the network, endpoints and users are adequately prepared for the move.

Hear first hand from IR's Global Head of Information Systems and Technology, Jason Schwendinger, on how he has been tackling these issues.

Join webinar