Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity issue Management Nodes in different SW version

Highlighted
05 Base Camper

Connectivity issue Management Nodes in different SW version

Hi all

We are in an update process of Prognosis to new Servers and versions.

During the migration time I want to connect the new Management Node in SW 11.7 to the old one in Version 10.0.

Is this possible ?

I have alreade added the

MANGED-NODE ( OLD-MGMT-NODE) to the new Manager Node to the NETWORK config.

I have also added the

MANGING-NODE (NEW-MGMT-NODE) to the old Management Node.

But it doesn't work.

No Firewalls in place, and the Server are in the same subnet.

Many thanks in advance

Steffen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Connectivity issue Management Nodes in different SW version

@Steffen_Muessig 

On your question of disabling encryption; no. There was a way for slower systems to disable it in 10.x releases but that was removed in 11.0.  It was a combination of "ALLOW-LEGACY-CONNECTIONS" and setting FORCE-LEGACY-CONNECTIONS.. it doesn't allow that anymore on Windows.

https://help.prognosis.com/prognosis/118/network-configuration-syntax-32604782.html

Your best best would be to upgrade one of your managing node to 10.5 and have that bridge to the newer version. 

2020-06-12_12-06-13.jpg

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the resolved button to assist others.

Christopher R Souser - Sr. Services Solution Engineer, Payments & Infrastructure – MSci. PA, CISSP, ITIL.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

@Steffen_Muessig 

Unfortunately not due to the encryption changing in 10.3 and 11.0.  You need a interim 10.5 managing server to be able to have the 11.7 server speak to the 10.0 server.  So it would be 10.0->10.5 with a route-to ->11.7

The upgrade path for the 10.0 server also requires multiple "upgrades" to get to 11.7 and have your configurations preserved.. that is way far back there but believe it is 10.0->10.3->11.0->11.7 if I am recalling right. 

Depending on your level of configuration and the platform you are installed on it may be easier to simply do a fresh installation and manually migrate your configuration. 

Can you confirm you literally mean 10.0.0 and not another 10.x.x release and if 10.0 do you have SP1 applied?

Can you share the OS platform the 10.0.0 is installed on (Windows, RHL version, AIX, HP Nonstop, etc)?

Can you share which solution this is for?

If you can share some detail I can elaborate further with some graphics / flows pretty quickly as I have a lot of that handy.  I am also doing a webinar in the next month on upgrade paths for different customers (though primarily focused on Payments and Infrastructure customers in initial version).. and so something else to watch for.

Christopher 

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the resolved button to assist others.

Christopher R Souser - Sr. Services Solution Engineer, Payments & Infrastructure – MSci. PA, CISSP, ITIL.
Highlighted

Highlighted
05 Base Camper

Christopher, thanks for your feedback

We are running a Windows system on Server 2008 (one reason for upgrade).

It is used for UC system monitoring.

The exact installed patch is z100p001.

We will do a fresh installation with new Win 2016 Server. But until all the configuration is done on the UC systems and the new monitoring nodes I want to connect the new MGMT Nodes to the old Prognosis system, so I can prepare the dashboards on the new one and show the nice new web capabilities it to the team.

For confidential reasons I can't share graphics. But we have a system with 2 MGMT Nodes and 4 Monitoring Nodes on which the different PBXs are connected. The top level MGMT is on our Swisscom datacenter and the other server at the customer site.

We make a new parallel installation with more or less the same setup.

Are the any ways to "bypass" the encryption on 11.7  for temporary use ?

Many thanks

Steffen

Highlighted
05 Base Camper

btw the oldest SW version to download is 11.0. Could I use this one as a "proxy MGMT Node ?

Steffen

Highlighted

@Steffen_Muessig 

On your question of disabling encryption; no. There was a way for slower systems to disable it in 10.x releases but that was removed in 11.0.  It was a combination of "ALLOW-LEGACY-CONNECTIONS" and setting FORCE-LEGACY-CONNECTIONS.. it doesn't allow that anymore on Windows.

https://help.prognosis.com/prognosis/118/network-configuration-syntax-32604782.html

Your best best would be to upgrade one of your managing node to 10.5 and have that bridge to the newer version. 

2020-06-12_12-06-13.jpg

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@Steffen_Muessig  You need a 10.5 release to proxy. If you create a support case IR Support can provide you a direct download of it and the last patch for it. 

Webinar: Keep the modern workforce connected

Unified Communications has always been an important part of companies' digital transformation efforts due to its ability to enable rich virtual collaboration and communication. But with COVID-19, we've reached a break-through point.

Join Bill Haskins, Sr. Analyst & Partner, Unified Communications at Wainhouse Research, and John Ruthven, CEO at IR discuss UC challenges companies are experiencing due to the COVOID-19 crisis.

Join webinar