cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we change the Server Health monitoring color of inactive servers from Red to Gray/Maintenance mode?

CBF0623
05 Base Camper

Can we change the Server Health monitoring color of inactive servers from Red to Gray/Maintenance mode?

Hello, I am new to Prognosis, I'm just wondering if this is possible? to change those that are in Red ones to have Gray color instead, or how do we put them in Maintenance mode so it doesn't show as critical when looking at the webUI monitoring? We don't want to remove them, just need put them in maintenance mode.. Thank you!

exampleexample

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SCOTT_BALDWIN
Expert

Re: Can we change the Server Health monitoring color of inactive servers from Red to Gray/Maintenance mode?

Hi @CBF0623,

Yes it is possible to change the colors of the servers currently showing in red to gray. This change will cause all servers with a Not Contactable status to show as gray, but I think there is more to this question.

Based on the post, it seems there are some servers in the cluster that should be active and others that should be standby. I'm also assuming part of the request is to show:

• Active servers normally.
  • Standby servers in one color.
  • Servers part of the expected active list, but are not Not Contactable to show in a 3rd color.
    -- Please let me know if these assumptions are incorrect.

The functionality requested is not part of a Prognosis Server installation out of box, but this functionality can be added. The Account Manager is able to discuss options for adding the requested functionality.

Thank you,
Scott Baldwin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SCOTT_BALDWIN
Expert

Re: Can we change the Server Health monitoring color of inactive servers from Red to Gray/Maintenance mode?

Hi @CBF0623,

Yes it is possible to change the colors of the servers currently showing in red to gray. This change will cause all servers with a Not Contactable status to show as gray, but I think there is more to this question.

Based on the post, it seems there are some servers in the cluster that should be active and others that should be standby. I'm also assuming part of the request is to show:

• Active servers normally.
  • Standby servers in one color.
  • Servers part of the expected active list, but are not Not Contactable to show in a 3rd color.
    -- Please let me know if these assumptions are incorrect.

The functionality requested is not part of a Prognosis Server installation out of box, but this functionality can be added. The Account Manager is able to discuss options for adding the requested functionality.

Thank you,
Scott Baldwin

CBF0623
05 Base Camper

Thank you very much for the prompt and very informative reply. We will discuss with our Account Manager the options you have suggested.

Webinar: Keep the modern workforce connected

Unified Communications has always been an important part of companies' digital transformation efforts due to its ability to enable rich virtual collaboration and communication. But with COVID-19, we've reached a break-through point.

Join Bill Haskins, Sr. Analyst & Partner, Unified Communications at Wainhouse Research, and John Ruthven, CEO at IR discuss UC challenges companies are experiencing due to the COVOID-19 crisis.

Join webinar
Top Liked Members